Wolfgang: Connor McCaffery is our savior!

I didn't get that from him at all. It was more of a hope thing than anything. He did say he thought the team was better with Connor over Williams, but that isn't saying a lot.

Conner is probably the "most" natural pg we have on the team. if he's as good as his 4* rating, then he'll help. I think Daily will also. I could not help but notice that starting MD at pg to start the 2nd half last night and after we went on a 16-2 run, when Fran brought JBo back in to run the point, our offense immediately tanked, again. We need JBo getting 10+ 3pntrs a game and not running the point.

I didn't get that from him at all. It was more of a hope thing than anything. He did say he thought the team was better with Connor over Williams, but that isn't saying a lot.
I'd say it was about 20% hope, 80% he's our savior.

Conner is probably the "most" natural pg we have on the team. if he's as good as his 4* rating, then he'll help. I think Daily will also. I could not help but notice that starting MD at pg to start the 2nd half last night and after we went on a 16-2 run, when Fran brought JBo back in to run the point, our offense immediately tanked, again. We need JBo getting 10+ 3pntrs a game and not running the point.

Connor was a 3 star recruit, not a 4 star recruit. He ended up right at #150 in the final rankings.

While Jobo didn’t help.. I think the reason Indy went on those 2 long runs was cook getting pulled. The team was hanging with indiana until then. Cook goes out and Indy made their run..

When Baer picked up his forth foul things started going backwards. Getting the rust knocked off him will help more in my opinion

While Jobo didn’t help.. I think the reason Indy went on those 2 long runs was cook getting pulled. The team was hanging with indiana until then. Cook goes out and Indy made their run..

i was referring to the beginning of the 2nd half. BTW, Dailey had 4 ast / 0 TO's. Brady Ellingson is who led the charge to start the 2nd, along with Dailey's assists.

Nunge started the second half with a 3-pointer before Ellingson scored eight consecutive points to cut the deficit to six. Iowa closed the gap to one (43-42 and 45-44) on two Tyler Cook field goals with 15 minutes remaining.

I was never high on Connor but he may be able to help.

He’s gotta be better on D than JBo. He won’t be able to score much but D is one of our biggest issues.

Run the offense through Cook, Moss and Nunge when Connor is playing.

I hate to knock Wolfgang, he's a fan and I still listen.... but he must grandfathered into Hawkeyenation or something because he doesn't provide ANYTHING as far as hoops knowledge... like, he sounds like a guy who's watched a couple of games in his life. ...and who ever he's talking to in this recent podcast that isn't answering... he provides absolutely no reference of who he is speaking with and that person never answers... is just brutal to listen to. I really think it only works when Jon is driving the cast....and even when he is, I bet he rolls his eyes 10 times an episode at some of his takes and responses. I bet it's terribly hard to rebound off of and I realize Jon let's him rip because of history.

That said, I still like Wolfgang... I follow him on twitter. Not everyone can be radio guys though.

I love listening to Wolfgang. He's really got passion for Hawkeye sports. I think he felt he was being too negative in the podcast, so he reached for some type of positivity and came up with this; "What if Connor is what this team has been missing at point guard?" It's a reasonable hypothesis.

I was never high on Connor but he may be able to help.

He’s gotta be better on D than JBo. He won’t be able to score much but D is one of our biggest issues.

Run the offense through Cook, Moss and Nunge when Connor is playing.

well, i tried to put a critical eye on him during the exhibitions cuz i'd never really seen him play. again, during the exhibitions, so take it for what that is. but, he did show me (a good deal) better handles than JBo. He's also 6'5" with a decent first step, so he has more leverage to get past his man if he's being guarded tight. he also seems to the know offense inside and out (why wouldn't he? he's the coaches son). so, i'm at least willing to see what he can do. we have no choice but to.

Well, as I see it, he better come with swaddling clothes and be lying in a f*cking manger, if he's gonna save this team. I understand Fran's trying a few things, but he needs something to start working to the team's favor. I'm not sure if there is a savior out there.

GOod news is Wisconsin PG Davison is as slow as anyone we have,doesn’t shoot well and doesn’t look like he ball handles all that well.

GOod news is Wisconsin PG Davison is as slow as anyone we have,doesn’t shoot well and doesn’t look like he ball handles all that well.
I hope Davison is good enough to give DJ Carton second thoughts about signing with the badgers

Well, as I see it, he better come with swaddling clothes and be lying in a f*cking manger, if he's gonna save this team. I understand Fran's trying a few things, but he needs something to start working to the team's favor. I'm not sure if there is a savior out there.

I’d take the guy with the pitchfork at this (point.) :D

When Baer picked up his forth foul things started going backwards. Getting the rust knocked off him will help more in my opinion
Yeah I can't put my finger on it but he's not himself out there. He seems to be forcing things at the offensive end (like most of the guys) Having Baer from last year would help this team a boat load if he can get back to that

Davison is a good shooter.
He had to show something sometime otherwise Bucky wouldn't have offered him a scholly. I've watched only 1 1/2 Bucky games and in neither game did he shoot particularly well but again my sample size may be smaller than yours.

Connor made the offense run much smoother. Ball movement was better and he knew where to pass the ball unfortunately, I'm not sure the rest of the Iowa team is thinking as quickly as he is.

Latest posts