Wolfgang: Connor McCaffery is our savior!

Wo
I hate to knock Wolfgang, he's a fan and I still listen.... but he must grandfathered into Hawkeyenation or something because he doesn't provide ANYTHING as far as hoops knowledge... like, he sounds like a guy who's watched a couple of games in his life. ...and who ever he's talking to in this recent podcast that isn't answering... he provides absolutely no reference of who he is speaking with and that person never answers... is just brutal to listen to. I really think it only works when Jon is driving the cast....and even when he is, I bet he rolls his eyes 10 times an episode at some of his takes and responses. I bet it's terribly hard to rebound off of and I realize Jon let's him rip because of history.

That said, I still like Wolfgang... I follow him on twitter. Not everyone can be radio guys though.
Wolfgang one of us no ? YIKES. Like us he is Real. YIKES IT IS.

Verdict is still out on Connor and time will tell. But if he can be somewhat serviceable at the point that will go along way to helping this team.. I will wait to see how he plays come Conference time..

After 1 game Connor showed promise. Granted, Southern is not a good basketball team. He seems like a very unselfish player who knows the offense very well and has a high IQ and awareness. Again, it was against Southern
Oh there will be bumps and bruises and it still doesn't solve our inability to break down a D driving the ball OR defending the drive from another PG BUT I was mildly impressed with his floor IQ.

The kid is probably 10 or more lbs away from what he'd normally be playing at and isn't even close to being in shape yet. He had like 15 good mins or so against a bad team that was as tired as could be especially in the 2nd half when most of his PT was taking place. So I'm not saying slam on the brakes with the hype machine in regards to him but let's not go crazy and say he's saving anything get either. I like taller longer PGs and his style seems to be of a coaches son if you want to stereotype him. It'll be great if he can develop into being a solid PG but that was his first game that counted. So in the same way I'm not going to come to any conclusions on Garza or Nunge yet I'll give Conner the same courtesy

After 1 game Connor showed promise. Granted, Southern is not a good basketball team. He seems like a very unselfish player who knows the offense very well and has a high IQ and awareness. Again, it was against Southern

A 2 win Southern team with one win over a D3 team. Next game please.

A 2 win Southern team with one win over a D3 team. Next game please.

Of course. Doing that against Southern means jack, but the fact that he did it should give us a reason to make some hopeful speculations. Another 4 or 5 games and we will know alot more about the young freshman.

Of course. Doing that against Southern means jack, but the fact that he did it should give us a reason to make some hopeful speculations. Another 4 or 5 games and we will know alot more about the young freshman.
Hope so...

Fran may still red-shirt Connor. That's what it said in the paper today.

That would be a surprised to me if he did. Make no sense in playing him against Southern if that were on the table. But hey that wouldn't surprise me in the least the way Fran manages rotation, playing time etc...

Fran may still red-shirt Connor. That's what it said in the paper today.

I hope not. The calvary isn't coming. This an experimental year as far as I am concerned. I rather Conner learn on the job this year rather than next.

Oh there will be bumps and bruises and it still doesn't solve our inability to break down a D driving the ball OR defending the drive from another PG BUT I was mildly impressed with his floor IQ.

i agree re: lack of foot speed. need to fix that at the guard position.

That would be a surprised to me if he did. Make no sense in playing him against Southern if that were on the table. But hey that wouldn't surprise me in the least the way Fran manages rotation, playing time etc...

i took it that if Conner has a relapse with mono; which apparently can happen, then it'd make sense to redshirt him. something like that.

Conner is going to be an immediate help to this team. He's head/shoulders above Williams at the PG spot. I don't think he'll get this team very far, as it's built. He's 1 FR combo guard. He's not Allen Iverson.

Conner is going to be an immediate help to this team. He's head/shoulders above Williams at the PG spot. I don't think he'll get this team very far, as it's built. He's 1 FR combo guard. He's not Allen Iverson.

0Di5DQSAiJ

:cool:

Latest posts