With kf at the helm, we are becoming an embarrassment.

Shawn Windsor of the Detroit Free Press wrote this in his column from the game:
When your (defensive) ends are as quick as the opponent’s skill players, the other team is in trouble.
- See more at: Hlog Week 6 Big Ten Rank: Indiana 2nd, Iowa 10th | TheGazette
When your (defensive) ends are as quick as the opponent’s skill players, the other team is in trouble.

The following is from Mike Hlas' blog from The Gazette.
Hlog Week 6 Big Ten Rank: Indiana 2nd, Iowa 10th | TheGazette

[FONT=&quot]"Shawn Windsor of the Detroit Free Press wrote this in his column from the game:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When your (defensive) ends are as quick as the opponent’s skill players, the other team is in trouble."[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

FreedComanche

[FONT=&amp]"Shawn Windsor of the Detroit Free Press wrote this in his column from the game:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]When your (defensive) ends are as quick as the opponent’s skill players, the other team is in trouble."[/FONT]

FreedComanche

This post is an embarrassment, clean up the rookie double posting mistakes.

This post is an embarrassment, clean up the rookie double posting mistakes.

I wonder if that is the same defensive end that Damon Bullock blew by, then beat an "NFL" corner for a touchdown. Come on, Freed, don't embarrass yourself like that. You have plenty of legit criticism to level at the Iowa program.

Yeah, it was. But if you think that takes away from where this program is now, I feel sorry for you.

How in the world is a botched post on the internet by you in any way, shape or form a reflection of where the Iowa football program is???? I feel sorry for you that you would even think there is some sort of connection between the two.

Is what it is Freed, many Hawk fans have moved past the fact were are no longer what we once were. Until a change occurs Hawkeye football has lost its excitement for me and many others.

Also, the crowd knew we would find a way to lose on Saturday you could feel it. People weren't even getting upset like they used to what we witnessed on Saturday is the current state of Hawkeye football. It's too bad, I remember being a student up there in the early 2000 and thinking that every game I went to the Hawks would find a way to win. It's the complete opposite now, its like you just wait for the Hawks to find a way to lose, shake your head and move on with the day.

Other side of the coin, I do think we've shown improvement over last year and generally have improved since NIU this year. I think we'll get Purdue and maybe collect an upset scalp somewhere along the line.

But overall, we're merely a quasi-competitive team this year.

And we'll probably take a step back next year.

The only embarrassment I see here is FreedComanche's relentless negative posting. OK, I get it. You want Ferentz gone. You don't think he deserves to coach the mighty Iowa program. Yawn....

We lost to the number one defensive team in the country whose number one objective was to take Wiseman out of the game as soon as possible, not merely hurt but injure or cripple him. They are, and have been, one of, if not, the dirtiest teams in college football. We simply got our buts kicked one game. We led at halftime and were within a touchdown of being ahead with 2:13 to go in the third quarter. We are still in the process of rebuilding and this was merely one game. The Spartans have never forgotten the McNutt catch in the last second of the game at Lansing or the 37-6 slaughter in 2010 at Kinnick. The score yesterday was 26-14, bit of a difference. I would call the 37-6 slaughter humiliating. Without the fake punt, which was disgraceful, a break of two, and the refs calling a few holding calls against the Spartans, it would have been a closer game. Our D was simply worn out as the game went on. 23 yards rushing and no first downs for most of the first half do not lead to a victory. I really do not expect a win at Ohio State. I believe we have only won twice against Ohio State since 1962 or thereabouts......

We are better than the game Saturday and will rebound, but it will be after the Ohio State game......

At certain points in the game, especially in the second half, it might be better to forsake the runback on punts and concentrate on the punter. I knew that was coming. The only punt I felt that way the entire game.

My brother and I took my son Andrew to his first Hawk football game, and he was thrilled by the atmosphere and just being at Kinnick for a game despite the loss. He didn't want to leave until the last second. He is a solid Hawk fan forever.....

Michigan State has suffered some humiliating losses to the Hawks, especially in basketball the last few years. Lick's first year we held them to 37 points in a disgraceful loss for them, perhaps the lowest score ever for Michigan State. They have never forgotten that, and then Fran's first year we beat them at Iowa. In an interview with a Spartan player after the game, holding his head in his hands, he said: We lost to IOWA......

They were humiliated again.....

Of course we were repaid the next year at Lansing, but we have played them well the past few years on most occasions......

:rolleyes:

I don't think we are becoming an embarrassment so much as we are an afterthought.

This. Not an embarrassment, but we're not contenders and do not appear to be on course to become contenders any time soon.

False. It was one loss to an extremely good defense. This just after a week where there was plenty of love from analysts and media members. No need to be all Henny Penny the sky is falling.

The Hawks will bounce back.

We lost to the number one defensive team in the country whose number one objective was to take Wiseman out of the game as soon as possible, not merely hurt but injure or cripple him. They are, and have been, one of, if not, the dirtiest teams in college football. We simply got our buts kicked one game. We led at halftime and were within a touchdown of being ahead with 2:13 to go in the third quarter. We are still in the process of rebuilding and this was merely one game. The Spartans have never forgotten the McNutt catch in the last second of the game at Lansing or the 37-6 slaughter in 2010 at Kinnick. The score yesterday was 26-14, bit of a difference. I would call the 37-6 slaughter humiliating. Without the fake punt, which was disgraceful, a break of two, and the refs calling a few holding calls against the Spartans, it would have been a closer game. Our D was simply worn out as the game went on. 23 yards rushing and no first downs for most of the first half do not lead to a victory. I really do not expect a win at Ohio State. I believe we have only won twice against Ohio State since 1962 or thereabouts......

We are better than the game Saturday and will rebound, but it will be after the Ohio State game......

At certain points in the game, especially in the second half, it might be better to forsake the runback on punts and concentrate on the punter. I knew that was coming. The only punt I felt that way the entire game.

My brother and I took my son Andrew to his first Hawk football game, and he was thrilled by the atmosphere and just being at Kinnick for a game despite the loss. He didn't want to leave until the last second. He is a solid Hawk fan forever.....

Michigan State has suffered some humiliating losses to the Hawks, especially in basketball the last few years. Lick's first year we held them to 37 points in a disgraceful loss for them, perhaps the lowest score ever for Michigan State. They have never forgotten that, and then Fran's first year we beat them at Iowa. In an interview with a Spartan player after the game, holding his head in his hands, he said: We lost to IOWA......

They were humiliated again.....

Of course we were repaid the next year at Lansing, but we have played them well the past few years on most occasions......

Another solid post Jack. Agreed.

[FONT="]"Shawn Windsor of the Detroit Free Press wrote this in [URL="http://www.freep.com/article/20131006/SPORTS07/310060123/Shawn-Windsor-MSU-offense-finds-identity-defense-continues-wow"]his column from the game[/URL]:
[/FONT]

[FONT="][U][B]When your (defensive) ends are as quick as the opponent’s skill players, the other team is in trouble[/B][/U]."[/FONT][/I][FONT="][/FONT]

FreedComanche

And with this, I think I've just had enough.

Please refer to this link: http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/...hawkeyenation-com-posting-rules-2-9-13-a.html

Specifcally, #4:

4) Repetitive negative posting by the same user may result in that user being banned. This isn't to say criticism isn't allowed, but broken records are discouraged. We got the point the first time. Also, saying things like 'We suck' or posts to that effect will be deleted and users may be banned.

--------

There isn't a poster or lurker on this forum who can possibly say I haven't been beyond lenient. The rules have been pinned to the top of the forums for years and this rule has been in place for about as long as I have been moderating boards. Criticism is most assuredly allowed, but the every freaking day negativity by the same poster, time to go.

Please refer to this link: http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/...hawkeyenation-com-posting-rules-2-9-13-a.html

Specifcally, #4:

4) Repetitive negative posting by the same user may result in that user being banned. This isn't to say criticism isn't allowed, but broken records are discouraged. We got the point the first time. Also, saying things like 'We suck' or posts to that effect will be deleted and users may be banned.

--------

There isn't a poster or lurker on this forum who can possibly say I haven't been beyond lenient. The rules have been pinned to the top of the forums for years and this rule has been in place for about as long as I have been moderating boards. Criticism is most assuredly allowed, but the every freaking day negativity by the same poster, time to go.
Can you ban the IP address. You know he will be back in a day or so with some other corny name.

Specifcally, #4:

--------

I have always respected your leniency, Jon.....

It isn't that difficult to keep within the limits....

An embarrassment? Bit strong. Ok lot strong. Being a Hawkeye fan is often a rollercoaster ride. An embarrassment? Like Joe Pa overlooking a Pedo? That's an embarrassment! A coach who doesn't care about whether the players graduate. That's an embarrassment.
Kirk may not be the best coach but he is not an embarrassment. Maybe you need a coach with a lot of drama. It's not Kirk.
Go be a Buckeye fan. It's easy for them. They get NC's an long winning streaks.

Latest posts