With Adrian Martinez in the portal

HawkeyezBull

How much better would he look as a Hawkeye, finally a QB that can extend and even create plays. If you can get him to tamp down on the risky passes which should be easy considering his age/maturity. It would be a lot better than what is in the stable right now.

I have reconstituted my views on this.

Bring the kid on, full ride, but ONLY play him on Black Friday. Beat the ever loving holy shit out of nebraska with their own QB who couldn't win to save his ass.

In Kinnick.

There is no way you could possibly give Frost a bigger F YOU than that. It's going to be his last game as a Husker coach and I can't think of a better way to send him to child support court.

No friggin way.

Iowa catches interceptions. We don't need someone who produces them at a high rate.
I get that he has way too many INT's, but QB's that have to press in the 2nd half because they are down all the time tend to have a higher INT ratio. He has never played on a winner and would have to think he is trying whatever he can to boost what slim chance he has at the NFL by transferring and looking to highlight his positive attributes.

No friggin way.

Iowa catches interceptions. We don't need someone who produces them at a high rate.
Would he in Iowa's offense? He wouldn't need to carry 90% of the offense. I don't know what he could do at Iowa, but he would be interesting. Plus it would piss off Nebby fans to see him just on the team. That said he isn't going to a team unless he will clearly be the starter. That's not gonna happen at Iowa or should it.

Would he in Iowa's offense? He wouldn't need to carry 90% of the offense. I don't know what he could do at Iowa, but he would be interesting. Plus it would piss off Nebby fans to see him just on the team. That said he isn't going to a team unless he will clearly be the starter. That's not gonna happen at Iowa or should it.

With a QB that can create with his legs, I have to think we have only one or no L's this year and are squarely in the CFP conversation. There is a reason this team was arguably the best with Brad Banks, and all that bootlegging and TE throwing, you naturally expand the offensive efficiency when running is added to the mix. It has always been maddening to watch us recruit QB's that aren't suited for the playbook and the ones that could halfway run were the most successful. It isn't like we typically are chucking the ball 25yds+ down the field. We need someone who is smart and can run more than an explosive arm.

Martinez is a stud. He makes mistakes, but a lot of that can be put directly on his inept coaching staff. I don't know if Iowa's coaches could use him effectively, I but I would sign up in a heartbeat to watch it play out.

Adrian Martinez is profoundly stupid with the football. His interceptions for the most part are because of really bad decisions. 30 INT's to 45 TD's in his career.

No thanks.

Wow, he has logged a lot of minutes and a lot of hits. As someone else on here said he should play a year at safety if he wants to play in the NFL. The NFL is going to more mobile qbs but in the end you have to be able to complete all the passes at a high rate on sundays.

I get that he has way too many INT's, but QB's that have to press in the 2nd half because they are down all the time tend to have a higher INT ratio.

No kidding, just look at Petras in the two losses this year to Purdue where he had 3 or 4 late INTs throwing against an 8 man zone pass defense or also at Wisky after getting down late. Before that Petras was around 1 or no INTs for the year.

Petras's only bad INT game last year was in the 2nd half as jNW put on the pressure and the hawk offense needed to move it.

Adrian Martinez is profoundly stupid with the football. His interceptions for the most part are because of really bad decisions. 30 INT's to 45 TD's in his career.

No thanks.

Quit being so damn logical and let yourself dream. Watch these great highlights vs. Fordham, Buffalo, and Northwestern:

Now, you are not going to see a lot of examples of a QB fitting throws into small windows within that video. But how do you not get excited about the runs? We already can't throw, so can dropping our QB arm-talent really make things much worse? (note: ignore the decision-making and the inevitable 15+ giveaways, they don't matter to winning football games, right?)

But if a small, non-significant drop in passing production comes in exchange for a QB running threat...net gain, right?

Iowa should really look at him! They can coach him much better and temper the turnovers. He can run like Banks! I’d take him in a second!

Take him! Work out the 'bumps' later. Good Faith gesture by the Offensive side and or our Offensive people huh? 100% almost needed to beat Michigan... A do-able... Back to Back trickeration plays? Don King created term trickeration! Oh do we ever have a few Offensive people? Want to get Harbaugh pondering what we have up the our sleeve. Hawk Players rather tough.

No friggin way.

And we all know how much and long it takes for BF and KF to brainwash.....I mean groom.....their Iowa QB's. There is no way they are gunna take a veteran feral QB with bad habits and try to make it work in their system which is a disciplined pocket passer. Same reason they wouldn't go after Spencer Rattler.

I get that he has way too many INT's, but QB's that have to press in the 2nd half because they are down all the time tend to have a higher INT ratio. He has never played on a winner and would have to think he is trying whatever he can to boost what slim chance he has at the NFL by transferring and looking to highlight his positive attributes.

Valid point about INT's and pressing being behind. I'll give you that.

But, would a QB come to Iowa with one last chance when Iowa really doesn't have a track record with QB's competing in the NFL???????

With a QB that can create with his legs, I have to think we have only one or no L's this year and are squarely in the CFP conversation. There is a reason this team was arguably the best with Brad Banks, and all that bootlegging and TE throwing, you naturally expand the offensive efficiency when running is added to the mix. It has always been maddening to watch us recruit QB's that aren't suited for the playbook and the ones that could halfway run were the most successful. It isn't like we typically are chucking the ball 25yds+ down the field. We need someone who is smart and can run more than an explosive arm.

Brad Banks best attribute was when a play would break down or it was like a 3rd and 5 or 8 or something he'd take off and get the first down to move the chains. He was never really a runner like a Michael Vick or Lamar but he would make plays when needed and often run out-of-bounds after getting the most he could. He was quite good at avoiding hits and the D's had to keep honest because of this threat. Damn, he was effective. His potential to take off is what opened his passing game and why some of those receivers were wide ass open.

That was a fun team!!

Latest posts