Wisky game tips

Seth53

I'll be going to my 5th game @ Bucky. Over the years, I've yet to see a Hawk loss. :)
I stay in Dodgeville, then drive to the far west Madison bus terminal.
Take bus #7 right to the stadium area.
Bus back after is right across the street from the stadium (west), near frat row.

For those of you who haven't been in mad-town on game day, quite simply, it's a riot.

Go Hawks

Last edited:
Also, for a dandy pre-game meal...

Also, for a dandy pre-game meal...

Highly recommend the brisket for dinner, though you can't go wrong with this place. And you will be 45 miles closer to home when you finish.

We're going up to tailgate, though not going to the game this year.

We will be departing Saturday morning at five bells. For an 11am Iowa game our two spots will be filling up quickly before seven. We try to get one of the two Meriter lots near Buckingham's.

A friend of ours got us tickets for the truck country tailgate on Regent Street with whom she does taxes and accounting. I would also add here that our friend is a real sweetheart!

Sounds like fun for everyone. I hope every has safe travels and a great time of course a Hawkeye victory.

Seth do everything exactly the way you always do when we win.

Roman Candle Pizza on Willy (Williamson) Street. Not real close to the stadium, about 3 miles, but very good pizza. The artisan pepperoni is sliced thicker and tastes better. Otherwise, the West side has a ton of good restaurants. Plus there is a Total Wine and Spirits in West Town mall- good prices, huge selection............

I watched the news from Madison (NewsOn, streamed through Roku), and they were pretty cocky about Bucky's chances. Of course their sample size consists of Purdue, basically.

Seth, do you stay here?

Fun fact with Northside. The plane on the grounds of the Don Q Inn was used in a seventies commercial for Mercury Cougar automobiles and is signed by the future actress that appeared in that commercial.

Farrah Fawcett.

Can't go this year, last time was fun but the fans around me got ugly when we nearly tied it up. Saw Iowa get blasted after the Woodshed game and saw the CJ win during the perfect regular season. Wisky fan's are OK when they win and usually after a loss. But I took my son to them all and we stayed clear of the overcrowded bars which look pretty crazy. Beautiful stadium and nice traditions. Nice place for Hawks to kick some ass.

One thing that fans coming in from Iowa will appreciate is that the US 151 construction in suburban Fitchburg that had seemingly been ongoing since the Clinton administration is now complete. No more taking county PD to Fish Hatchery Rd or taking the Verona exit or any of the other shortcuts to avoid the bottleneck that backed up traffic near the belt line entrance.

The Beltline itself has some construction, but hey, that's OK. The belt line ALWAYS has some construction. So nothing abnormal to report there.

There are also no construction zones like the ones near Mineral Point and Dodgeville that meant one lane traffic for several stretches two years ago. You should be able to make it from Dubuque to the beltline in about an hour twenty or so.

One thing that fans coming in from Iowa will appreciate is that the US 151 construction in suburban Fitchburg that had seemingly been ongoing since the Clinton administration is now complete. No more taking county PD to Fish Hatchery Rd or taking the Verona exit or any of the other shortcuts to avoid the bottleneck that backed up traffic near the belt line entrance.

The Beltline itself has some construction, but hey, that's OK. The belt line ALWAYS has some construction. So nothing abnormal to report there.

There are also no construction zones like the ones near Mineral Point and Dodgeville that meant one lane traffic for several stretches two years ago. You should be able to make it from Dubuque to the beltline in about an hour twenty or so.
Absolutely right. The west side system all the way to the belt line is free and clear. Dodgeville area is complete as well.

I'll be going to my 5th game @ Bucky. Over the years, I've yet to see a Hawk loss. :)
Bus back after is right across the street from the stadium (west), near frat row.

For those of you who haven't been in mad-town on game day, quite simply, it's a riot.

Go Hawks

This is a great post. Glad you're going Seth.

1635519931533.png

Go Hawks
Very happy that you will be attending Seth. Feeling better.....

Latest posts