Wisky at Michigan...Who Ya Got?

I’ve seen enough of Michigan now to consider them a contender...the favorite because of their schedule. Iowa, Michigan and Illinois are my top 3. Wisconsin, Rutgers, Minnesota and Ohio State make up the next tier. IMO of course.

Was just going to ask if they'd proved it to you after that first post.

They're going to have more Minnesota games (hopefully not many, but this league is tough and Iowa is going to lose more games). Michigan will to, just cause it hasn't bit them yet, doesn't mean it won't. Basketball seasons are a roller coaster, Michigan isn't going through this league with less than 4 loses.

Playing defense the way they are I don't see how they'd possibly lose 4 games the remainder of the season. I hate all things maize and blue, but generally the games that slip away or teams lose because they have no business losing are because the shots simply aren't falling for them or they decided to take a night off on the defensive end.

To play defense the way Michigan has been night in and night out takes a mental focus and is not something just any team can do. Playing that style of defense does two things (1) it allows easy baskets while limiting good looks by their opponent and (2) takes a great deal of pressure off them on the offensive side because they don't have to worry about trading baskets.

I hope I'm wrong, but where you see Michigan falling off and coming back to earth I see them continuing to get stronger. If they were in a position where they were winning games by simply out scoring teams I'd agree with you 100%, but I think Michigan is absolutely for real and going to continue to get better.

Was just going to ask if they'd proved it to you after that first post.
They are good. And I’m not sure we can beat them at their place. But we’ll score a lot more points than Wisconsin did. Iowa or Illinois may almost have to win out to win the conference.
Side Note - A lot of teams shoot better on their home court.

Playing defense the way they are I don't see how they'd possibly lose 4 games the remainder of the season. I hate all things maize and blue, but generally the games that slip away or teams lose because they have no business losing are because the shots simply aren't falling for them or they decided to take a night off on the defensive end.

To play defense the way Michigan has been night in and night out takes a mental focus and is not something just any team can do. Playing that style of defense does two things (1) it allows easy baskets while limiting good looks by their opponent and (2) takes a great deal of pressure off them on the offensive side because they don't have to worry about trading baskets.

I hope I'm wrong, but where you see Michigan falling off and coming back to earth I see them continuing to get stronger. If they were in a position where they were winning games by simply out scoring teams I'd agree with you 100%, but I think Michigan is absolutely for real and going to continue to get better.
They are 8-0 at home...only best PSU by 4. They have won their 2 road games by 11...at Nebraska and Maryland. So I still want to see if their highest level of play travels. It’s the last box they have to check,

Toughest games IMO after looking at Michigan’s schedule...

@ MN
@ PUR
IL
@ WI
RUT
@ OSU
@ IN
IA
@ MSU

@ PSU (originally postponed)

They are 8-0 at home...only best PSU by 4. They have won their 2 road games by 11...at Nebraska and Maryland. So I still want to see if their highest level of play travels. It’s the last box they have to check,

Fair enough, but I think its harder to win on the road when your dependent on your shots dropping in unfamiliar setting as opposed to relying on your defense. Like I said, I hate all things Michigan. But see their style of playing being an asset on the road.

Its easy to forget how day to day basketball is. A team can look unstoppable one day and get their ass handed to them the next. Look at Maryland last 2 games. Its a long season and Iowa fans know all to well that how you play in January has nothing to do with how you play in March. Michigan can still have a bad game here and there, or they could still go into a 3 or 4 game slump. The only thing we know for sure is they look really good right now.

Remember when Iowa embarrassed at top 10 Michigan team, then proceeded to tank the rest of the season? We went from unstoppable to can't buy a win. Remember when we beat Northwestern twice in the regular season by 26 points both times, then got humiliated by them in the tournament?

Its easy to forget how day to day basketball is. A team can look unstoppable one day and get their ass handed to them the next. Look at Maryland last 2 games. Its a long season and Iowa fans know all to well that how you play in January has nothing to do with how you play in March. Michigan can still have a bad game here and there, or they could still go into a 3 or 4 game slump. The only thing we know for sure is they look really good right now.

Remember when Iowa embarrassed at top 10 Michigan team, then proceeded to tank the rest of the season? We went from unstoppable to can't buy a win. Remember when we beat Northwestern twice in the regular season by 26 points both times, then got humiliated by them in the tournament?
Thank you Mr. Sunshine for those memories!

Fair enough, but I think its harder to win on the road when your dependent on your shots dropping in unfamiliar setting as opposed to relying on your defense. Like I said, I hate all things Michigan. But see their style of playing being an asset on the road.
Don’t know how the 2nd half is going to go but all of my bets were money line on Minnesota today.

Michigan looks flat on both ends today. Guess it goes to show you can look unbeatable for 11 straight games and then hit the wall. When Minny is hitting shots and playing D they can be tough to beat.

Michigan looks flat on both ends today. Guess it goes to show you can look unbeatable for 11 straigh
Michigan looks flat on both ends today. Guess it goes to show you can look unbeatable for 11 straight games and then hit the wall. When Minny is hitting shots and playing D they can be tough to beat.
Hope Fran and co. will study this tape.

Hi

Meanwhile Wisconsin wasn't going to give a crappy defensive effort two games in a row....

Rutgers is rapidly becoming the biggest disappointment in the league. They've already lost three B1G games in the RAC. Sparty wouldn't be far behind.