Wisconsin Strength Vs Iowa Strength

NikeHawk21

I really hope our strength guy isn’t making anywhere near what UW’s is. The lack of strength showed in a big way last night. It looked like Men vs Boys at times.

Got blown out by a whiskey team that isn't even very good compared to what theyve had in the past.

Dailey looks like if he fell down hard he’d shatter. And incoming Patrick is even skinnier than him.
And Dailey has gotten stronger.... Not a boat load but if you were to look back at when he first came he was even skinnier and less defined. He's just a skinny dude anyway but just had/has a long way to go to be D1 material.

Tyler Cook is the only one that looks like he knows where the weight room even is on our team..

I'm sure someone can find the pics of one player lifting and several other players watching him. That's how they do it.

One team plays the right way. Blocks out, plays fundamentally sound, plays hard, mentally tough. The other team? Well, they do none of those things.
Wisconsin players buy into the program and all the success they’ve had. The coaches demand a high level of play before players see court time. It probably translates to much harder work in the weight room as well.

It is certainly a factor for us falling behind as a program. I mean seriously after 2 yrs on campus these guys should have borderline transformed their bodies. Between what their diets should be (key word should) and how they work out they should all be in the greatest shape they can be in. It seems as though less is expected of our guys from the staff and mixed/poor results are what you'll get if that's the case. You have to commit to it and really work at it. You can't half ass it.

I'll tell you the first thing I notice. Look at the quads (that you can see) on the Connie players. Hell, even some of the ones you can't see because of long shorts, still poke out down the side of their knees. I don't see what I consider "basketball legs" on Iowa players. The types of leg strength that allows them to play a lot of minutes, late in the season.

Maybe they're afraid of getting locked out and leaving their key fob in the weight room, Aaron White style.

Those two photos were posted last fall. Look at the Wisconsin players. Brad Davison, for one, looks like a freaking linebacker.

Maybe they're afraid of getting locked out and leaving their key fob in the weight room, Aaron White style.

Those two photos were posted last fall. Look at the Wisconsin players. Brad Davison, for one, looks like a freaking linebacker.
If you are referring to the dude on the far right, that’s Brevin Pritzl. Davison is one of the least sculpted dudes in that picture.

Dailey looks like if he fell down hard he’d shatter. And incoming Patrick is even skinnier than him.

upload_2019-3-8_11-41-56.png

Nothing at all against the kid, but it is really hard to imagine that anyone like this can be successfully in the B1G conference.

View attachment 5146

Nothing at all against the kid, but it is really hard to imagine that anyone like this can be successfully in the B1G conference.
I remember thinking that the first time I saw Jake Kelly. It's not impossible.
jake-kelly-no-1-good.jpg

View attachment 5146

He's 6'8" and only averages 7.6 rebounds in Iowa high school basketball. I'm 6'1" and I averaged more than that. Wieskamp is 6'5" and averaged 13.4 boards. I wouldn't expect any post play out of him at all. He's gonna have to be a strict 3. Hopefully, he can eventually stop shooting from his chest.

This was taken Dec 21. This is not going to work in the B1G. 7'6" guys are this skinny. Not 6'8" He's an inch shorter than Cook

04119813-6db6-41c0-9801-b977482dcd61-181221-Liberty_West_boys-023.JPG

Latest posts