Wisconsin May Have Russell: Title Contender??

I watched the guy play many games in person. He is a great talent. Tom O'brien wanted him to commit to football. He played minor league ball last year and missed most of the off season workouts. NC State has a very good backup to him that will adequately fill in (Glennon) and will do the complete off season workouts.

Wilson once went something like 200 passes without an INT, he is very very mobile, and was first team all ACC as a freshman. Any school would be happy to have him

I don't get it either, Latrans. I have heard that he is not the best baseball prospect. I can't imagine he would have a NFL career.

The shortest current NFL QB is Seneca Wallace, I believe. He is 5'11".

I think there is more to this story than is being reported.

Elaborate?

Overrated, with or without Russell. Iowa has more talent.

Not so sure about being overrated, but I do think that his numbers will be nowhere near what they were since he'll be on a run happy team. And confused about the Iowa has more talent comment. As hard as it is for me to say this, Wisconsin is a very good program and IMO has alot more "proven talent" coming back than we do. Not saying they're more talented, just more experienced than we are and just as talented.

It's time to call them champs of the league. Really, with Wilson, how can anyone stay within 3 touchdowns of wisky? They are so much better with this guy than the previous QB...what's his name. Oh yes, Tolzien. 2nd team all-big ten and #1 in pass efficiency in the big ten. Tolzien couldn't hold Wilson's jock-strap. Anyone betting on any other team than Wisky is a fool.

It's time to call them champs of the league. Really, with Wilson, how can anyone stay within 3 touchdowns of wisky? They are so much better with this guy than the previous QB...what's his name. Oh yes, Tolzien. 2nd team all-big ten and #1 in pass efficiency in the big ten. Tolzien couldn't hold Wilson's jock-strap. Anyone betting on any other team than Wisky is a fool.

I dont think we need to anoint them as champs at the end of June. Pace yourself.

I dont think we need to anoint them as champs at the end of June. Pace yourself.

sarcasm-meter.jpg

I prefer to look at this as helping Iowa with Wisky playing both MSU and Nebraska,and not Iowa,unless we both make the title game. They could help out Iowa by beating both MSU and Neb,and still not make the title game,with Iowa never facing Wilson. It is all about winning the Legends now, especially when Wis is not on our schedule.

I went to NC state for 2 years and saw Wilson play in a few games. he is a good player. Is he great, no, but he is a good runner/scrambler and can make the necessary throws. he won't burn you deep, but he can beat you with the short passes and when it's not there he can burn you with his legs. This is bad for Iowa, if they play each other, but not the end of the world. I think he's an upgrade to what they have, but it'll be interesting to see how they make it work. NC state had ZERO ground game for the 3 years he was there. he was all they had. His stats are a little inflated too.

I went to NC state for 2 years and saw Wilson play in a few games. he is a good player. Is he great, no, but he is a good runner/scrambler and can make the necessary throws. he won't burn you deep, but he can beat you with the short passes and when it's not there he can burn you with his legs. This is bad for Iowa, if they play each other, but not the end of the world. I think he's an upgrade to what they have, but it'll be interesting to see how they make it work. NC state had ZERO ground game for the 3 years he was there. he was all they had. His stats are a little inflated too.

If they play each other that's great news for Iowa. That would mean Iowa got to the conference championship game.

I prefer to look at this as helping Iowa with Wisky playing both MSU and Nebraska,and not Iowa,unless we both make the title game. They could help out Iowa by beating both MSU and Neb,and still not make the title game,with Iowa never facing Wilson. It is all about winning the Legends now, especially when Wis is not on our schedule.

This is how I am pretty much looking at it as well.

Latest posts