Wisconsin @ Iowa game thread

That was BS. But great game Hawks! The excitement is back at Carver. If Fran can get someone to step in for Cole and somehow find another player besides Cartwright who can hit a big shot, this team will be a whole different story next year.

But if you think about it. We played with the 14th team in the nation all the way through regulation and kept with the best team in the nation in the first meeting says a lot about a very young team.

Love Fran but that was terrible that he didn't call a TO and design a play.

Cartwright taking one last second shot was bad enough but twice was worse. Gatens needs to get those looks.

Yeah because Gatens has a history of making big shots?????

The shot at end of regulation was the one we wanted... Bryce just missed it. It was close to the same shot he hit @ Indiana.

I really don't think Basabe touched him and if he did he brushed him with his hand. Basabe did way less on that play that what happened to him at the end of the regulation when he got yanked down. The Hawks got jobbed. The reffing in this league is still *********.

Leuer got away with murder. Total horsesh!t. Basabe should have been shooting FTs at the end of regulation.

Last edited:
But if you think about it. We played with the 14th team in the nation all the way through regulation and kept with the best team in the nation in the first meeting says a lot about a very young team.

Enough with the d@mn moral victories! Time to stop being little boys and become men. Men don't accept moral victories..

Love Fran but that was terrible that he didn't call a TO and design a play.

Cartwright taking one last second shot was bad enough but twice was worse. Gatens needs to get those looks.

Why do you think Gatens wasn't shooting? Look at the shot before Cartwright's in regulation. Matt gets tight with the game on the line.

Man, that just sucks. That's the type of win that could have been a program starter.

Enough with the d@mn moral victories! Time to stop being little boys and become men. Men don't accept moral victories..

Do you honestly expect a immediate turn around? Coming from where we were, I will even take a moral victory. A real victory would be better but I'll still take it.

My Packers just won the Super Bowl and I'm sitting here depressed over a last place Iowa basketball team loss. That should mean something right?

I don't think we are talking moral victory here. This is about seeing a promising team that with an addition or two could really surprise. But right now it is a 2 player nucleus with some good support. Add a big that can help clear the boards and one other guy who can hit a shot and this team can play with anyone.

Why don't you go over to the cyclone board where you belong! You're the most negative poster I've ever seen. These kids played their guts out and deserve more respect than the vomit you spew!

Great effort by these Hawks!! Let's take it out on the gophers this weekend!

Next year be a great year for us. I'm not saying we are going to win the Big Ten but we could see a significant increase in wins. Wisconsin loses their everything man in Leuer. Purdue loses their big two and Penn State loses Battle. Sullinger could stay but I doubt it. We will lose our vocal leader in Cole, but it sounds like we are getting a great player in White. Now if we can find another nice recruit like Cartwright and Basabe, we could be fighting for the top half of the Big Ten next year. And that usually means a trip to the NIT or NCAA when you do that.

I love Cartwright and Basabe more than I love loved any Iowa players in a while. If Cartwright just could of hit that shot at the end of regulation......

Latest posts