Wisconsin has no class.

OUTofTOWNHAWK

I just got back from the games and the more I think about it Wisconsin should be ashamed. By punting kirk clearly was saying the game was over. Everyone knew you cant score twice inside of 5 mins. Then wisky goes and scores?........who does that? That jerk is going to be the most hated coach in the big ten soon if he keeps that up. I couldnt see from my seats but did kirk snub him or give him the short handshake?

I just got back from the games and the more I think about it Wisconsin should be ashamed. By punting kirk clearly was saying the game was over. Everyone knew you cant score twice inside of 5 mins. Then wisky goes and scores?........who does that? That jerk is going to be the most hated coach in the big ten soon if he keeps that up. I couldnt see from my seats but did kirk snub him or give him the short handshake?

1. KF and Anderson had a fairly long talk at midfield and the mics were on. Their conversation was very good based on what I heard over the TV.

2. Listen to Jon Miller and Deace on their podcast. I got the feeling Jon would love to see Iowa do what Wisky did. Many Iowa fans would like to see it as well.

3. KF punted because that's what KF does. Iowa should stop them if they don't want them to score.

I would say it's time for KF to change his philosophy, but 15 years in to his administration of being ultra conservative probably means it's not going to happen.

Seems like the longest tenured coach in a good confrence should get a little more respect from some punk from Utah.

This isn't Pee Wee football, it was Iowa's job to stop them and they didn't. It's not like Wisconsin came out throwing. They ran the ball right down our throat for that final TD. And teams with a pulse offensively can score twice within 5 minutes, look at Indiana, horrid on defense, but man can they put up points in a hurry.

This isn't Pee Wee football, it was Iowa's job to stop them and they didn't. It's not like Wisconsin came out throwing. They ran the ball right down our throat for that final TD. And teams with a pulse offensively can score twice within 5 minutes, look at Indiana, horrid on defense, but man can they put up points in a hurry.

WHY WERE WISCONSIN'S GOOD RBS IN THE GAME THAT LATE???????

That was one of the traits I loved about Hayden. He kept his foot on the pedal pretty much the entire game. You don't want us to score again? Stop us!

This attitude is sorely lacking with this staff. Even when we have the ability to thump other teams, which hasn't been lately unfortunately, we always seem to find ways to let them back in the game.

There wasn't anything wrong with that. If they kick the FG, that's bs, but it was 4th and 4, they ran a dive. You've got to stop that.

That was one of the traits I loved about Hayden. He kept his foot on the pedal pretty much the entire game. You don't want us to score again? Stop us!

This attitude is sorely lacking with this staff. Even when we have the ability to thump other teams, which hasn't been lately unfortunately, we always seem to find ways to let them back in the game.

Hayden would also have his backups in the game on that last drive

When kirk called the game at the five minute mark everyone should know you dont be a dbag and score. This isnt the SEC.

Its a slap in the face when kirk punts and clearly saids your the better team we wont be able to score against you twice and then you spit in his face by running up the score. Iowa could have made the game play out longer but there was no reason. Timeouts and long pass plays for what? To waste time to see how close they can make it?

I ususally dont lay down the class card but in this case Iowa had ten times the class becky did. I even asked the wisky fans next to me why they had to be dbags and they had no answer.

When kirk called the game at the five minute mark everyone should know you dont be a dbag and score. This isnt the SEC.

Its a slap in the face when kirk punts and clearly saids your the better team we wont be able to score against you twice and then you spit in his face by running up the score. Iowa could have made the game play out longer but there was no reason. Timeouts and long pass plays for what? To waste time to see how close they can make it?

I ususally dont lay down the class card but in this case Iowa had ten times the class becky did. I even asked the wisky fans next to me why they had to be dbags and they had no answer.

They had no answer because they are d-bags. In Anderson's defense, though, you've gotta try to score there. That game was 21-9 at that point, IIRC. If you don't score, punt it to Martin-Manley, he takes that punt to the house and then Iowa recovers the onside, musters up an offense all of the sudden and scores a TD and then punches in the two point conversion on the same Weisman run Davis called in almost every short yardage situation, you're now looking at a 24-21 deficit rather than the sure victory. Now it's Wisconsin ball, 2 minutes to go, down 3, fans finally wake up, no Abbrederis, what do you do? You lose the game, that's what you do. Probably the right call in that situation.

They had no answer because they are d-bags. In Anderson's defense, though, you've gotta try to score there. That game was 21-9 at that point, IIRC. If you don't score, punt it to Martin-Manley, he takes that punt to the house and then Iowa recovers the onside, musters up an offense all of the sudden and scores a TD and then punches in the two point conversion on the same Weisman run Davis called in almost every short yardage situation, you're now looking at a 24-21 deficit rather than the sure victory. Now it's Wisconsin ball, 2 minutes to go, down 3, fans finally wake up, no Abbrederis, what do you do? You lose the game, that's what you do. Probably the right call in that situation.

Have to agree here, the game wasn't out of range by any means for a lot of teams out there. More than obvious to us as fans who follow this team pretty closely Iowa had no chance of scoring let alone 2 touchdowns. To an Oregon, A&M, Baylor etc etc fan this wouldn't be hard to do at all.

Urban Meyer showed how you handle that situation with class in the Outback bowl where the refs screwed us. Kirk surrendered in the same fashion down 2 scores with 5 minutes to go. But Meyer understood that fans want to watch a whole game so he instructed his punt returner to fumble the punt. This insured that he wouldn't look like a jerk if they accidentally scored and at the same time gave the fans the chance to watch the entire game they paid to see.

In that situation tho you have to play the percentages. If he would have continued to try to win the game there and got someone hurt in the process, everyone would have been on here calling for his head.

1. KF and Anderson had a fairly long talk at midfield and the mics were on. Their conversation was very good based on what I heard over the TV.

2. Listen to Jon Miller and Deace on their podcast. I got the feeling Jon would love to see Iowa do what Wisky did. Many Iowa fans would like to see it as well.

3. KF punted because that's what KF does. Iowa should stop them if they don't want them to score.

I would say it's time for KF to change his philosophy, but 15 years in to his administration of being ultra conservative probably means it's not going to happen.

Agreed.................it started at WI with the "chip on the shoulder" culture that came with hiring Alvarez as both a coach and eventually the AD position. He brought the swagger back to Wisconsin. They have one culture and we have another. One has fostered much more consistency and one hasn't. Wisconsin was hardly out of place in the way they played the game at the end.

Lol at Iowa recovers the onside, musters up an offense, punches in the two point conversion.

Latest posts