Wisconsin has no class.

If you were a second string or third string RB getting playing time you would want to score too. It is Iowa's problem not to stop them not Wisky's. It isn't like they put up 100 like the high school game in Texas.

That doesnt count high schools in Texas have a lot more talent than Iowa.

Hayden would also have his backups in the game on that last drive[/QUOTE

Not so..
Anyone remember Matt Sherman throwing a touchdown pass late against ISU, with Iowa up about 50 already?
Wisconsin did absolutely nothing wrong on the last drive.

Say what you want about kirk but he has class enough to know that Iowa wasnt the better team and had no chance with 5 mins left. Like another poster said why risk the players. Put the defense on the field because they arent as prone to injury.

Your joking? Seriously you have to be kidding me right now.. No words can describe how pathetic that sounds...

You're seriously whining about running up the score in a 28-9 game?

Besides - At 21-9, let's say Iowa scores and recovers an onside kick... Stranger things have happened in college football.

Like Outoftown stated Iowa clearly wasn't good enough and threw in the towel or I should clarify KF did. Sadly a team picks and I'm guessing you had some pretty ****** off competitive Iowa players on that team. Here is the deal this isn't Pop Warner ball and that crap don't happen at this level and I would expect teams at this level to play it out to the end, win or lose.

Last edited:
Say what you want about kirk but he has class enough to know that Iowa wasnt the better team and had no chance with 5 mins left. Like another poster said why risk the players. Put the defense on the field because they arent as prone to injury.

Pathetic excuse and a loser mentality. KF punted because that's we he's done for 15 years. It's not like Wisky was throwing the football. They were running and Iowa didn't stop them.

Also, 21-9 with 5 minutes left. The game is not over. Although with KF in charge of the team one could argue it was over unfortunately.

I guess ill state the obvious. This thread was started with the sole purpose of making fun of kirk for punting in that situation.

5 minutes is not enough time to get a stop, score, get another stop, and score again. Any idiot in the world knows this and Kirk still couldn't muster up the courage to go for it. I guess he must think the odds are better of getting a quick turn over or getting an onside kick than they are of picking up that 4th down conversion.

That means he has a really messed up version of "playing the percentages", or he simply "gave up". Those are the only two possibilities.

Latest posts