Wisconsin has gone to 6 BIG Title Games in the last 10 years with 3 out right titles.

We will see how everything stacks up when Barry is no longer there. Kinda like Kansas State after Bill retired a few years ago. I find it interesting that Wisky's head coaches hardly set the world on fire once they left BarryWorld, and that's putting it nicely.

Since this is a thread about stating the obvious. I will go ahead and state the following: I really needed to win that game yesterday.

Help me out here with the math. The Big Ten CCG started in 2011. So let's count

2008-2010
No CCG appearances for Wisconsin

Big Ten co-championship for Wiscnsin

2011 CCG
Wisc over MSU

2012 CCG*
Wisc over Neb

2013 CCG
MSU over OSU

2014 CCG
OSU over Wisc

2015 CCG
MSU over Iowa

2016 CCG
PSU over Wisc

2017 CCG
OSU over Wisc

So that's 5 CCG appearances, 2 outright titles, and 1 co-championship for Wisconsin.

*also big asterisk, Wisc did not win its division in 2012, finishing 3rd behind OSU and PSU, who were both on probation.

Help me out here with the math. The Big Ten CCG started in 2011. So let's count

2008-2010
No CCG appearances for Wisconsin

Big Ten co-championship for Wiscnsin

2011 CCG
Wisc over MSU

2012 CCG*
Wisc over Neb

2013 CCG
MSU over OSU

2014 CCG
OSU over Wisc

2015 CCG
MSU over Iowa

2016 CCG
PSU over Wisc

2017 CCG
OSU over Wisc

So that's 5 CCG appearances, 2 outright titles, and 1 co-championship for Wisconsin.

*also big asterisk, Wisc did not win its division in 2012, finishing 3rd behind OSU and PSU, who were both on probation.
They backed into the 2012 CCG with a 7-5 record that year.

Look at the West. Really how hard should it even be to win it? Only two teams can consistently win it. One does because the other can't get out of it's own way! The more I think about it the more I can only really point to one reason. When it comes to fundamentally sound smart ball whisky is a definite cut above where it comes to the coaching staff here. They don't beat themselves on a regular basis. They really to a degree do not have that much more talent than us. So on talent level I'll call it even. So it can only be one thing that is the major separation, coaching and I mean across the board from special teams to assistant's. It seems no matter who the competition we play good or bad , it is for the most part always a game, one that has to have certain bounces to go our way.

They backed into the 2012 CCG with a 7-5 record that year.

Yes, but even with that title, I only count 5 CCG appearances, 2 outright titles, and 1 co-championship.

I know that does not change the point of this thread, but it's my inner geek that needs to have the numbers right.

Latest posts