Wisconsin already campaigning to play Neb final week

I would agree that Wisconsin does not have a natural final game like the rest of the conference so they are jumping on early and trying too secure. No matter when Iowa plays Nebraska will be a great rival game for sure.

I agree, Wiky and Minny made more sense for the last game. It saves us from playing the final game in frickin Canadia. Give me the bug eaters and let Minny and Wisky play for the Jug of Syrup or what ever the hell it is.

Wis. has no real tangible connection to Neb. Alverez has as much connection to Iowa has Neb. And he is on his way to retirement soon anyway. Iowa is the only school with an actual border with Neb...and the resulting border rivalry that existed long before they came to the Big Ten. How many other fan bases in the league actually argued with Neb fans the last decade on a daily basis? None.

I think common sense prevails and Iowa -Nebraska becomes the appetizer on Thanksgiving Friday to The Game on saturday...Big Ten has two big events to promote.

I like the idea of playing Iowa alot more than Wisconsin but, I can see why Alverez wants this game. It's against the school he played for under Devany and where he got his coaching career started. I think it's a win-win for him. He gets to see his old school play against the program he basicaly built in to what it is today.

Who gives a crap what Alvarez wants.

Delany will do what's best for the Big Ten, not just for Barry Alvarez, I would think.

My vote (FWIW) is for Iowa. It also has merit for the folks that live in the region because they can easily have their Thanksgiving before heading to the game.

Who gives a crap what Alvarez wants.

Delany will do what's best for the Big Ten, not just for Barry Alvarez, I would think.

What Barry wants, Barry gets. It was his idea to flap his gums about expansion last December, and that started this whole realignment bomb that almost relegated ISU to C-USA.

Let him have Nebraska, or he'll kill us all!

Bielema is hoping the phrase "Closed mouths don't get fed" is true in this case. He didn't want to wait for another team to be the first ones to openly campaign for this game. On one hand, what do they have to lose? It's not risky in any way to come out and ask for this game... however it does come off a bit selfish/conceited/desperate (which is exactly why you would never hear Ferentz going out of his way to do something like this).

IMO Nebraska should be able to decide who they want to play at the end of the season. Sounds like they have several great options and no one could argue with what they decide.

Bielema is hoping the phrase "Closed mouths don't get fed" is true in this case. He didn't want to wait for another team to be the first ones to openly campaign for this game. On one hand, what do they have to lose? It's not risky in any way to come out and ask for this game... however it does come off a bit selfish/conceited/desperate (which is exactly why you would never hear Ferentz going out of his way to do something like this).

IMO Nebraska should be able to decide who they want to play at the end of the season. Sounds like they have several great options and no one could argue with what they decide.

And according to the ESPN poll, Nebraska wants Iowa.

Wisky has played Neb like 3 times ever. Iowa is the only B10 state that borders Neb. Iowa vs Neb should be last game. This rivalry will blossum quickly as long as it it competitive. Could become a premier rivalry.

Let the Badgers have them. They can go to beautiful Nebraska in November every other year to play in front of that very small recruiting base. Its a game fewer and fewer people will care about over the coming years.

We need to continue playing late in the year in front of a much bigger recruiting base in Minnesota or have us take Wisconsin and leave NU for Minnesota. For us, it makes no sense for a low population state to play a lower population state late in the year. I'm hoping we're not even in the same division as NU for that reason. In ten years, Wisconsin will be asking to get out of that game when they realize 90% of their recruits have never heard of Tom Osborne and they probably can't even find Nebraska on a map

I like the idea of playing Iowa alot more than Wisconsin but, I can see why Alverez wants this game. It's against the school he played for under Devany and where he got his coaching career started. I think it's a win-win for him. He gets to see his old school play against the program he basicaly built in to what it is today.

I believe Alvarez got his coaching career started at Mason City high school.

Let the Badgers have them. They can go to beautiful Nebraska in November every other year to play in front of that very small recruiting base. Its a game fewer and fewer people will care about over the coming years.

We need to continue playing late in the year in front of a much bigger recruiting base in Minnesota or have us take Wisconsin and leave NU for Minnesota. For us, it makes no sense for a low population state to play a lower population state late in the year. I'm hoping we're not even in the same division as NU for that reason. In ten years, Wisconsin will be asking to get out of that game when they realize 90% of their recruits have never heard of Tom Osborne and they probably can't even find Nebraska on a map

You know what a really big recruiting base is? TV sets.

seriously, we need to fight for this one ... which game is that kid in Chicago going to want to watch, Iowa/Minn or Neb/Wisc

Minn/Wisc should have been ending their seasons together all along, to be honest

I think we should keep Iowa/Minn exactly where it is, 3rd week in November ... and since we are extending the schedule by one week, that makes that week the 2nd to last now, not the last ... then play Neb on the 4th week of November

Latest posts