windy again

Stave got, if I've remembered correctly, about 280 yards of passing in windy Madison. Seems to me Iowa has to scheme more shorter, more unexpected throws. And CJ proved he could get it there even when Iowa was against that wind... although most of the time he overthrew.

Illinois' run defense isn't as stout as Wisky's. Just to prevent 8 or more men in the box, throw and be successful. Doesn't have to be for huge gainers.

Why do some coaches prefer play action passing to shorter passing to a whole slew of receivers? Surprise!

Last edited:
Looks like windy again on sat. 15-25 - that should at least help us - seeing how we played in it last sat.

Illinois also played in very windy conditions last Saturday and Lunt was able to connect on a deep ball to set them up for a game winning TD. I don't think Illinois is especially worrisome but the wind won't necessarily be a huge advantage for Iowa unless we can run all over them.

The deep balls form Lunt last week were defended terribly - i would hope we will not let anyone get behind us that badly. Should get another pic or 2

I didn't think Lunt looked good at all. I didn't watch every play though but I can remember saying to myself after a couple throws that this guy won't beat us

Latest posts