Win the conference but don't make the playoff?

Well there are five conferences and only four playoff spots, and three are reserved for the SEC.

nothing but smiles, you are going to the rose bowl. There will be no asterisk that says "the big 10 was dog poop that year" next to it.

nothing but smiles, you are going to the rose bowl. There will be no asterisk that says "the big 10 was dog poop that year" next to it.

Yeah, smiles are what is called for. But damn that Cyclone loss stings more with each new win. 7-1 and we break the ranking drought.

Rankings, Rose Bowl and BCS Playoff talk, sure that Makes sense.. Gotta Love it.. GO HAWKS!! :)

True, this is premature. But today reminded all of us this team has the talent to be 8-0. Remember what these boards looked like in August?

Yeah, smiles are what is called for. But damn that Cyclone loss stings more with each new win. 7-1 and we break the ranking drought.

losing to the clowns always sucks, but Iowa still controls their own destiny in conference play. The clowns will finish 3-9 or 4-8 (win over kansas, toss up vs. texas tech) where as Iowa has a shot to play in the rose bowl. Florida or texas is more likely but it sure beats staying home.........especially in LAmes.

Maybe we should slow down a little bit. Today was fantastic, but there are a lot of games, and we have laid a lot of turds this year. I hope we have it all figured out and we win out. If that happened I would be extremely happy, and not give a second thought to the playoffs. That ship sailed a long time ago. Doesn't matter, let's just win next week and see where it goes from there.

Maybe we should slow down a little bit. Today was fantastic, but there are a lot of games, and we have laid a lot of turds this year. I hope we have it all figured out and we win out. If that happened I would be extremely happy, and not give a second thought to the playoffs. That ship sailed a long time ago. Doesn't matter, let's just win next week and see where it goes from there.

A voice of reason! Well said!

The Big Ten champ doesn't go to the Rose Bowl this year. Seriously, do some of you people even follow the sport?

Agree, the conference ties are pretty much done for all the bowls that really count. the BCS really killed that BIG champ Rose Bowl feeling. It hasn't been the same for years.

The good news is we can still win the conference but we need A LOT of help to make the playoffs. ND getting stomped is a good start.

Latest posts