Willies Status?

His recruiting ranking from 3 years ago doesn’t carry much weight now. Our secondary couldn’t cover him in any of the open practices. He helped seal the wins vs UNI and Ball State. Unfortunately for you and Kirk, fans can’t unsee what they saw from Willies.

Why is it unfortunate for me? I hope like hellz that he is the second coming of Jerry Rice, I hope that for every Hawk player. I guess I just don't think cause he "couldn't be covered" in a spring practice means he's a superstar....(didn't some walk on do the exact same thing a year before??).

they think they are being cute in their disdain of Ferentz.

Thanks. I figured that was the case but I just didn't know if there was some kind of other meaning. Even if people think he sucks I think people are very disrespectful of a guy who actually has done some good things in his tenure at Iowa. I've met Coach Ferentz a couple times and I think he is genuinely a really nice guy. I'm not saying that this year wasn't horrible and that there are likely a lot of changes that need to be made, but I think people can criticize Ferentz is a less derogatory way. It seems that many people on here seriously hate the guy and it really comes through in their postings. I think he hates losing just as much as we do. Bad seasons happen and multiple bad seasons happen and that sucks pretty f-ing bad and I do feel that Iowa is a better program and should have a better record, but man I think some of you guys should lighten up on Ferentz maybe even just a little bit. Just my opinion.

Why is it unfortunate for me? I hope like hellz that he is the second coming of Jerry Rice, I hope that for every Hawk player. I guess I just don't think cause he "couldn't be covered" in a spring practice means he's a superstar....(didn't some walk on do the exact same thing a year before??).

The thing is, he doesn't need to be anywhere near a superstar to be the best wide reciever on the team. I agree it would be stupid for fans to be going crazy about Willies if we had DJK and McNutt playing. That just wasn't the case though. Unfortunately, what Willies did in the spring and early in the year sticks out like a sore thumb when comparing to how everyone else played this season.

The thing is, he doesn't need to be anywhere near a superstar to be the best wide reciever on the team. I agree it would be stupid for fans to be going crazy about Willies if we had DJK and McNutt playing. That just wasn't the case though. Unfortunately, what Willies did in the spring and early in the year sticks out like a sore thumb when comparing to how everyone else played this season.

Willies isn't even close to what Smith is at WR, so he isn't "our best WR". Once again you are completely missing the point. I hope Willies becomes our best WR, I hope he is the second coming of Jerry Rice. At this point I'm done with this. If people want to see him as some kid that would have magically saved this season, go right ahead. This teams problems are much, much deeper than a talented WR who just hasn't reached his potential yet.

Willies isn't even close to what Smith is at WR, so he isn't "our best WR". Once again you are completely missing the point. I hope Willies becomes our best WR, I hope he is the second coming of Jerry Rice. At this point I'm done with this. If people want to see him as some kid that would have magically saved this season, go right ahead. This teams problems are much, much deeper than a talented WR who just hasn't reached his potential yet.

Wow I completely forgot about Smith when I wrote that. I guess that helps your point pretty good. If our offense can make a guy like Smith be forgettable, Willies wouldn't have made a difference.

I will say though, put Willies on the field with any other team with comparable talent as Iowa's and there would be a noticeable improvement.

Latest posts