Willies enrolls at Texas Juco

HawkeyeHypnosis

http://qctimes.com/sports/football/...cle_11d55a6c-382e-5006-9ae6-971cd5ab94f9.html

From article:

Derrick Willies will begin a new chapter in his football career Tuesday when he begins spring semester classes at Trinity Valley Community College.

The former Iowa wide receiver from Rock Island completed the enrollment process at the Athens, Texas, junior college this week, joining a program which has won its last 21 games and had eight players sign letters of intent with NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision programs in December.

“It’s the right place for me,’’ Willies said. “I can compete next fall and then get back to the level where I want to be. I did not want to sit a year and I want to play at the highest level. Now, I have a chance to do both.’’

At least now he can be close to his dad in Arizona.....

That's Sarcasam in case you missed it.

I thought someone said his dad moved back around Iowa City. Confirmation? If so this is all about Willies perceived lack of playing time.

I think Vandeberg is OK and runs precise routes but the catches Willies made early in the year were really good.

I wonder if KF and the coaches lost faith in Willies at Purdue when he didnt pick up on that hot read to get a quick pass down by the goal line.

The issue is who would take him? I mean I know everyone here thinks the kid is the second coming of Megatron....but another school sees a kid who had an offer from Iowa and ISU, who looked completely lost on the field when he did get on the field, and who quit on his team.

He should have finished the semester, heck and even gone through spring camps (to both get better, and to figure out where he stood on the team for the last 3 years). If he wants to transfer after that, then go. Whoever gave this kid advice did a HUGE DISSERVICE to him, as quitting during the middle of the season was the absolute worst decision he could have made, even if he did plan on leaving the Hawks.

Is he the next Clinton Solomon or Shonn Greene or the next 315-lb. defensive lineman to get suspended from Iowa State?

The issue is who would take him? I mean I know everyone here thinks the kid is the second coming of Megatron....but another school sees a kid who had an offer from Iowa and ISU, who looked completely lost on the field when he did get on the field, and who quit on his team.

He should have finished the semester, heck and even gone through spring camps (to both get better, and to figure out where he stood on the team for the last 3 years). If he wants to transfer after that, then go. Whoever gave this kid advice did a HUGE DISSERVICE to him, as quitting during the middle of the season was the absolute worst decision he could have made, even if he did plan on leaving the Hawks.

Surely you know what's best for him though, don't ya? As far as "what team will take him?" It kind of shows your disconnect with athletics in today's age... if Winston can find a home, any talented player can. There are programs that know how to handle these kids.

I'm beginning to wonder if you are Kirk himself...

Exactly IowaHock... Cam Newton was in a similar boat when he left Florida only worse. Accused of stealing laptops I think it was. He's going about it the right way. If he can play keeps his act together this year he'll have teams tripping over each other for him. They don't grow 6'4 wrs with long arms that run a 4.4 on trees. So long as he plays well and is eligible I think he'll be be able to just about pick his next school...

As far as what he shoulda done while at Iowa it just depends on what the real story is. How much his Dad played into it and how much his lack of PT did. Unless any of us know him well enough to speak on that we are just guessing.... Since it ended the way it did I'm assuming Ferentz wasn't going to make it easy on him coming back...

Surely you know what's best for him though, don't ya? As far as "what team will take him?" It kind of shows your disconnect with athletics in today's age... if Winston can find a home, any talented player can. There are programs that know how to handle these kids.

I don't know any program that respects a kid who quits on his team mid-season. Your comment kind of shows your disconnect with real life.

And if you think Willies runs a 4.4 40, please PM me for some amazing investment opportunities. I'll require a $10,000 down payment just to send you the prospectus, it's that good!

The world is littered with "NFL bodies" who never sniffed the league. Takes more than physique to be a football player.

You are right, everyones life is theirs to lead. It just seems to me he made a rash decision, that even he regretted (he did come out publicly and say he wanted back on the team). Maybe you know him personally or something and know that he asked to get back on the team, because he really wanted to leave????

I don't know any program that respects a kid who quits on his team mid-season. Your comment kind of shows your disconnect with real life.

And if you think Willies runs a 4.4 40, please PM me for some amazing investment opportunities. I'll require a $10,000 down payment just to send you the prospectus, it's that good!

The world is littered with "NFL bodies" who never sniffed the league. Takes more than physique to be a football player.

Amen to that. The delusion surrounding Willies in this fan base is really amazing. People comparing him to #1 draft picks, just crazy.

Last edited:

<<I'm beginning to wonder if you are Kirk himself>>

I'm beginning to wonder if you did some caboose duty for City Boyz Inc.

Seriously, equating Willies and Jameis Winston? That's like putting Sam Brownlee in he same strata as Barry Sanders.

Latest posts