willie atwood

franstheman

Do any of you who follow recruiting closely think we have a chance with him? Iowa one of many big programs to get in on this guy recently. Big bruising PF we need.

Think there was a post on here a few weeks ago about him. He was putting up some monster numbers then but I haven't been keeping track since then.

He will be a good get for someone.

Think there was a post on here a few weeks ago about him. He was putting up some monster numbers then but I haven't been keeping track since then.

He will be a good get for someone.

I think Atwood being a junior in 2014 could be good for him and the Hawks at his position if he and the staff decide he should come to Iowa. Next year he could share PF minutes with White (and there'll be a lot of them when Mel and Zach leave). When Atwood would be a senior, we could have a frosh like Boudreaux behind him for a year.

I am still nervous about replaing Marble in coming years. The guy is way more than I think people give him credit for on this team.

gesell with average 14 or 15 next year. bank on it.

next year's starters

gesell
ogs
utoff
white
woodbury

isu fans will be put on suicide watch when that lineup beats them at carver

I think this is highly optimistic.

I think Jok will eventually be a more unstoppable scorer than Marble because he's a better shooter, as well as having a slashing game, a smart kid with a level head but also a scorer's mentality . He'll score some next year but he won't be better than Marble yet. Marble as a senior is the product of some experience along with his talent.

But this thread started with Willie Atwood. I'm intrigued with him because he's an athletic kid with more physical presence than Basabe. As I explained in a previous post, his status as a junior at his position in 2014 could actually benefit both he and Iowa should he be part of our 2014 class.

I think Jok will eventually be a more unstoppable scorer than Marble because he's a better shooter, as well as having a slashing game, a smart kid with a level head but also a scorer's mentality . He'll score some next year but he won't be better than Marble yet. Marble as a senior is the product of some experience along with his talent.

But this thread started with Willie Atwood. I'm intrigued with him because he's an athletic kid with more physical presence than Basabe. As I explained in a previous post, his status as a junior at his position in 2014 could actually benefit both he and Iowa should he be part of our 2014 class.

The Jok love is getting out of hand.

What in the world has Jok shown you, though the college games he has played in, that would make your think this is anywhere close to reality? He was very good in HS, but has been quite mediocre in college. I sincerely hope that changes, but to date, seeing what he has done on a collegiate level, I can't get too excited about him.

Jok as a sophomore will be no where close to Marble as a senior.

Now comparing Jok as a SR to Marble as a SR, that I could maybe believe.

Marcus Paige didn't have a sparkling freshman year at North Carolina, but he seems to be doing pretty good this year. Jok has looked pretty good, and he is just starting to get his feet wet at the college level. Marble is pretty good, but he isn't a great shooter, and Jok might turn out to be a great college shooter. I'm not worried about Joks or Oglesbys abilities, but I am interested in who the two guys will be that Fran recruits in the spring. They should be pretty tough next year.

gesell with average 14 or 15 next year. bank on it.

next year's starters

gesell
ogs
utoff
white
woodbury

isu fans will be put on suicide watch when that lineup beats them at carver

Somehow I doubt that losing on the road in what has been a home-dominated series the last 15 years would put anyone on suicide watch. That said, I hope it's as entertaining as this year's was.

Jok as a sophomore will be no where close to Marble as a senior.

Now comparing Jok as a SR to Marble as a SR, that I could maybe believe.

Nowhere close? For all anyone knows he will be better. He already has the game,he just needs the confidence. I'm not saying its going to happen, I'm just saying there's no way to know that it won't happen.

Somehow I doubt that losing on the road in what has been a home-dominated series the last 15 years would put anyone on suicide watch. That said, I hope it's as entertaining as this year's was.

Hey, pssssst..they're all white.....yer welcome bud

What in the world has Jok shown you, though the college games he has played in, that would make your think this is anywhere close to reality? He was very good in HS, but has been quite mediocre in college. I sincerely hope that changes, but to date, seeing what he has done on a collegiate level, I can't get too excited about him.
First of all, I'm talking potential here. Jok isn't near the player Marble is now. But let's compare their freshman seasons so far:
Marble: 5.7p, 2.4r, 1.3a, 19.1min., 27%3pt, 53%FT
Jok: 7.8p, 1.8r, 1.1a, 14.4min., 32%pt, 85%FT

The numbers say Jok is a better scorer than Marble was as a frosh and a more efficient FT and 3pt shooter than Marble as a senior or frosh. If one looks at efficiency per minute, Jok is more efficient than Marble was as a frosh in every category and on a much more competitive team. So the numbers say he could be better than Marble. Jok also isn't a hothead and has a scorer's mentality and a slashing game like Marble and obviously has a better outside game. So I don't understand what you are saying when you're asking what has Jok shown that makes me think he could be better than Marble in his career. He's shown a lot. But he's just a frosh. He could make a big leap next year because we will need his talents. But he could certainly use more experience. I'm eager to see that experience unfold.

Pete has nice potential, but has a lot to learn about both ends of the court. He is fortunate that he is on a team of vets who can cover for him. Dev was a starter right away, on a bad team. Big diff. They both have strengths, and weaknesses , that are not the same.

Latest posts