Willie Atwood signs -- when?

The lack of interaction between him and Dickerson on twitter, coupled with Trey’s tweet at Cole Huff makes me thinky Willie is headed south.

Anyone that doesn't want to play with this team the next 2 years is pretty foolish. If he chooses FSU then best of luck to him, but I'll say with confidence he's certainly going to miss out.

Tweet from Atwood about an hour ago...

willie atwood‏@thelastchill·1h
S/o to all the Arizona state fans showing me love out here and people in general

Yes and No. Willie went to Tempe to check out the chicks. They were never our competition. FSU is his final destination.

The lack of interaction between him and Dickerson on twitter, coupled with Trey’s tweet at Cole Huff makes me thinky Willie is headed south.

If he has already decided he just sounds like a guy that likes all the attention. He might of just wanted to get a couple of free vacations though. If I was him I'd be interested in the vacations to different parts of the country.

If he has already decided he just sounds like a guy that likes all the attention. He might of just wanted to get a couple of free vacations though. If I was him I'd be interested in the vacations to different parts of the country.

I've seen that Dickerson has said he'll give him a call in a minute.. so maybe they just took the communication off twitter and more privately via phone calls and texting? I

Interesting all of the speculation fans make... Based on what a kid does or does not tweet. Love social media, etc., but some fans are a little overboard... Especially the grown men who are sending tweets to 18-20 year olds telling them how they need to come to Iowa. I hope Atwood chooses Iowa but how about we all just wait until he announces his decision... Versus "a friend of mine close to the situation says..." If he picks Iowa... Great... If he doesn't pick Iowa... Then so be it and life goes on.

Sorry, just don't have time for people who don't know what's best for them that make stupid decisions.

Like i said, good riddance.

BTW, speaking with someone very close to the situation, he will announce FSU on monday, possibly tuesday.

Then quit following recruiting and definitely quit posting about it. Being a crybaby about another persons decision on choosing a college is petty and sad.

I'm not certain if this is good or bad news. The fact that 3 players are leaving ASU could reveal a serious coaching problem, or it could look to Willie that he will start immediately. To me it is a bad sign for the program.....

Arizona State loses three players in a single day

Matt Giles
Apr 4, 2014, 10:16 PM EDT

1 Comment

herb-sendek-e1396664051991.jpg
AP Arizona State has six incoming recruits for the 2014-15 season, a large recruiting class which underscores that the Pac-12 squad would probably have some turnover during the offseason, but it is debatable whether coach Herb Sendek thought the scholarships would free up on the same day. Richie Edwards will head to New Zealand to play professionally (Edwards had exhausted his eligibility), Bo Barnes announced he would transfer Friday morning, and Calaen Robinson will also leave the Pac-12 program after his inaugural season.
Other than those three Sun Devils, Sendek will also be without Jahii Carson, Jordan Bachynski, Jermaine Marshall, and potentially Shaquielle McKissic — the team is reportedly going to petition for an extra year for the wing.
There will be a plethora of fresh faces greeting Sendek and the coaching staff during fall practices, and the coaches are clearly not finished recruiting. Arizona State is one of a handful of teams competing to land Bryce Dejean-Jones as well as Willie Atwood, a juco big who is being pursued by squads who need frontcourt depth.

Here is the one comment:
fnc111 - Apr 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM Sendek won’t be the ASU coach next year at this time.

Come to Iowa, Willie, where Fran treats his players like family.....

:rolleyes:

Whar's like button ? Anyway good post Jack.

Interesting all of the speculation fans make... Based on what a kid does or does not tweet. Love social media, etc., but some fans are a little overboard... Especially the grown men who are sending tweets to 18-20 year olds telling them how they need to come to Iowa. I hope Atwood chooses Iowa but how about we all just wait until he announces his decision... Versus "a friend of mine close to the situation says..." If he picks Iowa... Great... If he doesn't pick Iowa... Then so be it and life goes on.

This.

I truly believe my school is a good one, and would be a good destination for any recruit. But there is not a chance I'm going to go on twitter and try to sell it. One, because it's weird; two, because I am self-aware enough to know my opinion doesn't matter.

Recruits see the fan support when they visit, or by watching sold out games. I'm certain they could not care less about what a bunch of 30-somethings (me included) tell them on twitter.

If you're a 19 year old hot chick, tweet these recruits. If not, let the process play out. They don't care what we think.

Latest posts