Willie Atwood signs -- when?

I think that was a one way want, going the other way.

IMO, we got the one we really needed. This shoud keep White at the 4, where he is better suited.

I don't know if you're saying "the one we really needed" because we are not sure if we will get Atwood or not. But, he would be an immediate contributor and would bring some toughness to our team. He definitely would make us better.

I don't know if you're saying "the one we really needed" because we are not sure if we will get Atwood or not. But, he would be an immediate contributor and would bring some toughness to our team. He definitely would make us better.

Lowering one's expectations prevents a huge letdown. It's probably 40%/40/20 between Iowa-FSU-ASU right now.

No, I said it because I believe it.

Pretty comfortable that White is better than Atwood. Where I think Atwood would help is in the following season when Gabe and White leave but maybe Uhl will prove to be ready.

Iowa needed a playmaker more than anything and got it in Dickerson

Iowa can absolutely use Atwood. This guy is physical and can score down low - something we struggled with this season.

Iowa can absolutely use Atwood. This guy is physical and can score down low - something we struggled with this season.

Saw one of his tweets from a few days ago said he wanted to make a difference. Believe that was in reference to working on his strength and skills but man would he make a difference with the Hokks.

Pretty comfortable that White is better than Atwood. Where I think Atwood would help is in the following season when Gabe and White leave but maybe Uhl will prove to be ready.

This is why you're not coaching! You're clueless!

I personally think that Atwood is just as important as Dickerson for this class. He's a tough, physical guy down low that doesn't get pushed around and can man up on Defense and make a difference. Not to mention he can create his own shot down load and hit a jumper from the outside.

He's a big timer. I'm still hoping we get him.

So, Iowa needed a playmaker and got Dickerson. How about we get two playmakers? That has to be better than just getting one. And White and Atwood can both be on the floor at the same time.

So, Iowa needed a playmaker and got Dickerson. How about we get two playmakers? That has to be better than just getting one. And White and Atwood can both be on the floor at the same time.

I believe White is better at the 4 than 3 and is better than Atwood.

connect the dots

not saying Atwood wouldn't contribute but i think Dickerson was the more important recruit for next years team

QUOTE=wundergrape;1297107]Atwood is more of a 3 than a 4. The myth of him being a pure 4 is just that - a myth.[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree. He has some 3 skills for sure. And something Aaron White does not have - an outside shot! The guy can actually make a 3 pt shot...

QUOTE=wundergrape;1297107]Atwood is more of a 3 than a 4. The myth of him being a pure 4 is just that - a myth.

I would have to agree. He has some 3 skills for sure. And something Aaron White does not have - an outside shot! The guy can actually make a 3 pt shot...[/QUOTE]

Atwood shot 21% from three last year. White probably had a higher percentage.

I would have to agree. He has some 3 skills for sure. And something Aaron White does not have - an outside shot! The guy can actually make a 3 pt shot...

Atwood shot 21% from three last year. White probably had a higher percentage.[/QUOTE]

The line that I saw was almost 30% from 3pt land... But it was from watching his videos that made me think he had a good outside shot.

Atwood shot 21% from three last year. White probably had a higher percentage. The line that I saw was almost 30% from 3pt land... But it was from watching his videos that made me think he had a good outside shot.

lol. You should check out my youtube video. I shot 100% and every time down the floor on defense I blocked a shot or got a steal.

Last edited:
The line that I saw was almost 30% from 3pt land... But it was from watching his videos that made me think he had a good outside shot.

lol. You should check out my youtube video. I shot 100% and every time down the floor on defense I blocked a shot or got a steal.[/QUOTE]

yeah but how do you look on a moped?

Latest posts