Will you boo ...

Will never boo the Hawks very juvenile and would hate to lose a recruit over it for sure. Stay Classy Hawk fans.

Occasionally I'll boo a coaching decision (kicking a field goal from inside a yard on the goal line, that sort of thing), but usually it's just for a bad call by the officials. Never boo the team or any individual player. What fans did to Adam Shada is unforgivable, IMO.

+1. I cant believe there were that many idiots that booed Drew Tate on Senior Day also. Ridiculous.

Who's your boo?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WYHDfJDPDc&ob=av2e]Nelly - Dilemma ft. Kelly Rowland - YouTube[/ame]

I remember the Hawks getting booed off the field at Kinnick after getting embarrassed by Northwestern...in '06 maybe?

I don't boo players...the refs?...in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
What does booing signify? What is the message you are trying to get across by booing? Isn't booing just a way to indicate you are not satisfied with a person(s) actions? Hasn't this message board this week just been one big boo-fest? Every time you criticize the coaches, players, refs on a message board you are booing them. I'm not saying you can't criticize them, I just think it's hilarious that this entire board is full of horribly negative posters and yet the act of booing is some huge ta'boo' (pun intended).

I don't care if you are critical, but understand that it is the same thing as booing, and you just don't have the cajones to criticize someone to their face.

I would never boo a college athlete playing for the good guys. I was at the game where people booed Jake and I was appalled, embarrassed, and disappointed.

What does booing signify? What is the message you are trying to get across by booing? Isn't booing just a way to indicate you are not satisfied with a person(s) actions? Hasn't this message board this week just been one big boo-fest? Every time you criticize the coaches, players, refs on a message board you are booing them. I'm not saying you can't criticize them, I just think it's hilarious that this entire board is full of horribly negative posters and yet the act of booing is some huge ta'boo' (pun intended).

I don't care if you are critical, but understand that it is the same thing as booing, and you just don't have the cajones to criticize someone to their face.

It's the same 50-100 anonymous, internet tough guys, who's wives run their lives, that post the same negative crap whenever we lose. This board gives these 'lions' a chance to roar...and feel relevant, if only for a few moments.

Geez, get a life.

if things go really bad against Mich and or Mich St? In 50 years I have never booed a hawkeye player. I can really disagree with coaching decisions during a game but have never booed coaches and I wont boo this staff. I have booed officiating groups. If I was at Minnesota game last week I probably would have booed the spot on that qb sneak which was really bad.

I personally wouldn't do it. Never have booed anyone other than officials. But I also don't get that wrapped up in the whole booing controversy.. I think it's much worse to yell things at the players, etc. than just to go "boooo!!!" It's not really even a word.

My way has always been to just grumble to myself if I'm not happy with the way things are going.

I suppose it's better to sit quietly and vent on message boards or with your friends after the game than to create a hostile game environment in the stadium for your home team. If the game is going that badly and you can't restrain yourself, then leave the stadium.

I've never booed the players or coaches. I won't ever boo a bunch of college kids for not being about to play a game as well as other college kids. That's just dumb.

yeah, maybe, but they have pretty tough jobs, every doucher in the crowd sees every single hold and every clip. I'd say being a ref is harder than posting on HN w/out someone disagreeing with you. That's hard...

I agree it's tough, but not that tough.

The one thing I'd say, though, is that there's some evidence that crowds affect refs calls. So you could make the case that booing the ref helps your team.

I will grumble loudly (oh hell, i'll boo) if we take the air out of the ball and decide not to attempt to score at the and of a half or the game even though we have a couple TO's and a short field. I may also be tempted to boo if we punt from our opponent's 33 yard line.

i dont even boo the refs really, i cant imagine being a ref, very tough job, would never do it, kind of childish, you aren't going to change the call, just leave it alone

So when we played florida in our bowl game a few years ago... You don't think those refs deserved to be booed?

The only way I'd boo the Hawks is if I saw one of ours stomp on an opponent's nards or some other such ridiculous unsporting act. Or if the team kicks the crap out of a bunch of puppies at the fifty yard line. Other than that, no booing the team, folks.

Usually when/if I get that upset I just go out to the concession stand and chill om the concourse for a while....why boo?

A lot of people are idiots. I'm guessing that if you got a group of 50 people together and randomly started booing at some point during the game for no reason that half the stadium would join in.

I don't think booing players is ok at all... Unless they are acting like Gholston from MSU.

If you boo, you should just leave and save yourself the embarrassment. Booing your own team is pathetic at best.

Latest posts