Will we ever get to the Rose Bowl under the current staff?

Cory

I miss that game and all that surrounds it. A whole generation is not going to have any idea of how great it is to go to the Rose Bowl.

We have had more than our share of chances but have always lost to a team we should have beaten and were favored against. Are we running out of time?

No.

We had our chance the last few years with a Penn St program stagnating under Paterno, Michigan at an all time low and Ohio St with the ultra conservative Tressel at the helm and without Nebraska in the conference.

I chance at becoming an elite B10 team is gone and at this point I think we're on our way to becoming a Purdue, Illinois level team than a team that challenges for B10 titles.

I suppose nothing is impossible, but this is highly unlikely. We're not sexy enough to play in the Rose Bowl.

Last edited:
Until our coaches start to take chances and get a little risky, we will not get back to the rose bowl for at least 10 years.

Haha neither but we should all be soo lucky. Chicks that hot are good for a ride but usually are dumb as a brick wall.

1319, is that avatar a friend of yours or a better half. If so I do hate you.

Cory let me tell you somthing pal.

Boobs are there to reel you in. Sometimes they can be a little misleading. Women and her freind the Victoria Secret is just that a secret. I like to look at the bigger ones as trick plays. Smoke screen my friend. Sometimes the presents look better all wrapped up. Kirk Ference does not like to hide things so maybe hes not a boob guy which leads me back to your original question....and no I dont think we will be going to the Rose Bowl with this staff.

I think this is a stupid question.

If you want to ask that question, the real question should be "Do you think we will ever get to a BCS bowl under this coaching staff?"

We cannot control if we will get to the Rose Bowl because it is not entirely in the hands of our conference. If the rules in place were the same ones in place when Hayden was the coach at Iowa we would have already been there. We should have been there in 2002. A B10 team went to the national championship game so shy shouldn't the also undefeated in conference team have gone to the Rose Bowl? But we didn't. If this team went undefeated in conference play, which it did, this question should not even be asked.

Maybe I would feel differently if you (the original poster) would clarify your line of reasoning based upon my response.

Cory let me tell you somthing pal.

Boobs are there to reel you in. Sometimes they can be a little misleading. Women and her freind the Victoria Secret is just that a secret. I like to look at the bigger ones as trick plays. Smoke screen my friend. Sometimes the presents look better all wrapped up. Kirk Ference does not like to hide things so maybe hes not a boob guy which leads me back to your original question....and no I dont think we will be going to the Rose Bowl with this staff.

very well done.

Re: I think this is a stupid question.

If you want to ask that question, the real question should be "Do you think we will ever get to a BCS bowl under this coaching staff?"

We cannot control if we will get to the Rose Bowl because it is not entirely in the hands of our conference. If the rules in place were the same ones in place when Hayden was the coach at Iowa we would have already been there. We should have been there in 2002. A B10 team went to the national championship game so shy shouldn't the also undefeated in conference team have gone to the Rose Bowl? But we didn't. If this team went undefeated in conference play, which it did, this question should not even be asked.

Maybe I would feel differently if you (the original poster) would clarify your line of reasoning based upon my response.

Translation: "No, but I love Kirk and am happy with 7-5, so darn you, OP, for asking and putting me on the spot"

And "NO" for me, too.

Kirk had a chance to try for a Rose Bowl in Columbus with a minute to play and two time-outs and showed the world he was scared of succeeding.

But we'll (maybe) get that opportunity again in another 40 years so don't sweat it.

Latest posts