Will the Oregon opening effect our coaching search?

If Tubby takes the Oregon job then it could absolutely have an effect on our coaching search because Minnesota would probably be in the market for similar coaches to those who Iowa is looking for.

Outside of that I doubt that it would affect our coaching search because we won't be able to go after the caliber of coach they're looking for. Oregon is probably a considerably more desirable job thanIowa for someone with no ties to either program. Probably the only thing we have going for us over them is the Big Ten vs. Pac Ten for basketball traditions...although I've heard that UCLA is somewhat of a basketball school.

I heard Tubby to Oregon and Ben Jacobson to fill his spot at Minny. This was a couple of weeks ago.

I don't see a big difference between those who post their personal BB opinions as fact, or those who cite rules of grammar. If you post a lot or write for a living, you might as well get it right.

Eugene is one of only two true college towns of the entire Pac Ten. It is alot like IC. However, the rest of the surroundings beat the hell out of the cornfields of Iowa. It would be really hard to turn down that job.

Effect, however, can be a verb.

Ex: Gary Barta needs to effect this hire quickly.

Meaning that Gary Barta needs to make this hire quickly.

Go Hawks!

I've been checking out a few Oregon boards, including this oneand they're mentioning some of the same coaches I've seen here. Many of them would like Alford. (UO is still a football school, Steve) - although the new stadium Phil Knight is building, nearing completion, would be a pretty sweet lure for any coach. The arms race continues.

Oregon has the best corporate sponsorship in college sports, they have a ridiculous arena on the way, and they are willing to spend any amount to get a good coach.

Traditionally spelled "rediculous" on these boards, for some reason, but I forgive you your spelling accuracy.

Latest posts