Will the current situation bring the team together and make for a special season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more confused after the response than I was before it. I kinda feel like I'm being punked, but in a way that is a million times more competent than cousin-breeder-stalker on his best day.

Lemme try and break it down:

"But, I never speak for Him." --- Uhhmmmmm, pretty much everything you said before this sentence was you speaking for God.
e.g. "my guess is God's ok with it." & "why you kneel is irrelevant in His eyes"

Is this some sort of Biblical extrapolation? I assumed this current event was not Heaven-sent. The situation both locally and nationally is such a cluster****it feels more like the Hallmark of idiot homo sapiens than God.

wow. Always begin with a personal insult. It really increases your credibility.

I don’t speak for God. There are already enough people providing false witness. I said “guess”. Look it up in the dictionary.

Heaven sent? I have no idea what you mean.

I agree that this current mess is a cluster f...I have no doubt that it is a great example of human foolishness. It is called free will. Those responsible need to be held accountable.

Nice try with coupling sincerity in kneeling during the anthem with a bunch of dictators. That was so dumb I am good with letting it stand on its own.

To be clear, I respect people who demonstrate by kneeling during the anthem in an effort to bring attention to violations of human dignity. To argue that this action is disrespectful to a flag that symbolizes human dignity just makes no sense. It’s a dog whistle and a distraction. Go ahead and double down if it makes you feel better.

wow. Always begin with a personal insult. .

How is a million times better an insult? By the way later in your post when you called me dumb, was that a personal insult? You definitely have the sense of humor of someone with a personal hotline to the almighty. But of course in no way does that imply you might want to check your ego.

How is a million times better an insult? By the way later in your post when you called me dumb, was that a personal insult? You definitely have the sense of humor of someone with a personal hotline to the almighty. But of course in no way does that imply you might want to check your ego.

You seem to be a master at the art of mind reading. No hotline. Just a lowly Methodist.

My ego did notice that my statement on why I am ok with kneeling was not part of your debate. But at least you are consistent in your use of distraction. Keep doubling down. It’s amusing.

I hate to think of the potential for added distraction during the season. It will take great leadership from players and coaches. Hopefully we as fans can find ways to help.

I believe this situation will bring the team together, but the schedule won't.

thank you for addressing the question ... they could have a great season ... KF needs to avoid teacher's pet syndrome as that could cause issues ... it will be interesting to see if the fans kneel with the players ... and to see how full the stadium is if it becomes an issue ... lots of questions and potential ... of course this assumes there even is a season

Last edited:
This only plays out one of two ways and we won't know for a couple of years.
The "old way" had Iowa winning a lot of games. The "old way" spawned Iowa football's best run and trajectory ever. The old way had a lot of people getting drafted.
So the "new way" had better maintain if not improve that trajectory.
Or right or wrong the general consensus is going to be that the "new way" isn't working.
That's what it's going to come down to since it revolves around the football program. Which was who's choice to do? Who's choice to use this platform?

Last edited:
I would rather be a door mat in the b10 then to negotiate with terrorist. What has been going on is terrorism and threatening. Even your statement of basically saying do this or you will not win in the b10 is an ultimatum.
Football is just a small piece of all this.
Why do athletes stand for other countries flags before a hockey game or basketball game? Why when court is called into session do they say all rise (stand)?
Because it's a respect thing.
If you have no respect for the US flag, you are free to leave. If you have no respect for another countries flag, you are free to not schedule them (or just sit the game out) or just not play the sport at all.
You are free to disrespect the judge in court and get contempt of court. Or not do dumb shit and end up in court to start with.
Islam does not recognize and would not stand for Israel's flag.
This is about total disrespect for the United States flag AND to the republic for which it stands.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I understand where your coming from. However, I also listen to where they are coming from with regards to why they are taking a knee and respect where that decision is coming from.

The flag and the republic for which it stands symbolizes a freedom that we hold dear to us. Our founding fathers fought for that freedom and died doing so. However, those men that gave their lives for this country weren't just white but blacks, hispanic, asian, etc... As american's they all fought for the same ideals and liberties we take for granted day in and day out. Yet they still don't have all the benefits that our founding fathers sacrificed for.

I understand the "disrespectful" perspective entirely, however I guess the question I would respond with is what is being disrespected more...the flag (a symbol of this nation) or those individuals who are disrespected by the fact that they live in the same great nation that we do, but don't have the same freedoms.

I've came out on here and said before that I don't believe the anthem and the flag should take center stage at sporting events because in my opinion it pulls athletics into politics and I don't agree with that. That said, I completely respect and stand behind any individual that chooses to take a knee during the anthem because at that moment, that moment and what it stands for means a hell of a lot more to them then it does to mean simply standing there to acknowledging it. The ideals and values of this great nation mean a lot to me, however they don't mean as much to me as the people I share it with.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I understand where your coming from. However, I also listen to where they are coming from with regards to why they are taking a knee and respect where that decision is coming from.

The flag and the republic for which it stands symbolizes a freedom that we hold dear to us. Our founding fathers fought for that freedom and died doing so. However, those men that gave their lives for this country weren't just white but blacks, hispanic, asian, etc... As american's they all fought for the same ideals and liberties we take for granted day in and day out. Yet they still don't have all the benefits that our founding fathers sacrificed for.

I understand the "disrespectful" perspective entirely, however I guess the question I would respond with is what is being disrespected more...the flag (a symbol of this nation) or those individuals who are disrespected by the fact that they live in the same great nation that we do, but don't have the same freedoms.

I've came out on here and said before that I don't believe the anthem and the flag should take center stage at sporting events because in my opinion it pulls athletics into politics and I don't agree with that. That said, I completely respect and stand behind any individual that chooses to take a knee during the anthem because at that moment, that moment and what it stands for means a hell of a lot more to them then it does to mean simply standing there to acknowledging it. The ideals and values of this great nation mean a lot to me, however they don't mean as much to me as the people I share it with.

They have the same freedoms.
Nobody told them they have to live here. Nobody told them they have to play football. Certainly nobody told them to use college football as a political platform. Are there not black doctors and lawyers? Are there not Asian doctors and lawyers Nobody did anything except maybe say some bad words. Right?? Nobody did anything but say some words that were construed as mean. Said something someone else took offense to??? Well la te da, if I were like that I would be offended all the time, by everyone. I'm offended by that Nancy Pelosi. I'm offended every time I turn on the news. I'm offended by fat girls thinking they can pull off yoga pants and short shirts. Jesus I can't turn on the TV, go on the internet or step out of the house without finding something I am offended by. Much less can someone have a job where they work with that many people for so many years and someone at some point is going to find something offensive. Especially when you are trying to get them wound up.
Fact I am surprised every trainer/coach everywhere, no matter how hard they try, doesn't have atleast 20 people a year who don't like them or finds them offensive.
Now if we are seeking justice I must warn you that axe is double sided.
BET (black entertainment television) is racist. Is it not? The movie white men can't jump is racist, is it not?
I'll go right down the line if you would like.
The axe of justice is double sided. When you use college football as a political platform for an agenda, you now have assumed responsibility for the "new way". It had better work, because football is a result driven game.
But as I have pointed out this isn't about justice, equality and fairness now is it?
This is about a group of people feeling like they got the short end of the stick. Well there are lots of groups that feel that way. Fact everyone feels that way when you think about it. Women, gays, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, native Americans, veterans and everyone else.
Believe me I am all for equality and fairness. Unfortunately when you spell that out to people, what that means, they don't want that. What they really want is what is best for them. They want a one sided axe that swings only one way.

Last edited:
I know what the flag means to many, it represents freedom and the cost of maintaining that freedom, which is the blood of American soldiers. If the freedom that the flag represents to some Americans isn't offered to all Americans, especially minorities, how can they feel the same way? Remember minorities comprise about 40 % of the military, so their blood is also spilt for the flag. The US ended slavery, then segregation, but there's more to do.

I know what the flag means to many, it represents freedom and the cost of maintaining that freedom, which is the blood of American soldiers. If the freedom that the flag represents to some Americans isn't offered to all Americans, especially minorities, how can they feel the same way? Remember minorities comprise about 40 % of the military, so their blood is also spilt for the flag. The US ended slavery, then segregation, but there's more to do.
Read my post above.
What freedoms are denied?

This only plays out one of two ways and we won't know for a couple of years.
The "old way" had Iowa winning a lot of games. The "old way" spawned Iowa football's best run and trajectory ever. The old way had a lot of people getting drafted.
So the "new way" had better maintain if not improve that trajectory.
Or right or wrong the general consensus is going to be that the "new way" isn't working.
That's what it's going to come down to since it revolves around the football program. Which was who's choice to do? Who's choice to use this platform?

Interesting . Yes, future records will be scrutinized.

They have the same freedoms.
Nobody told them they have to live here. Nobody told them they have to play football. Certainly nobody told them to use college football as a political platform. Are there not black doctors and lawyers? Are there not Asian doctors and lawyers Nobody did anything except maybe say some bad words. Right?? Nobody did anything but say some words that were construed as mean. Said something someone else took offense to??? Well la te da, if I were like that I would be offended all the time, by everyone. I'm offended by that Nancy Pelosi. I'm offended every time I turn on the news. I'm offended by fat girls thinking they can pull off yoga pants and short shirts. Jesus I can't turn on the TV, go on the internet or step out of the house without finding something I am offended by. Much less can someone have a job where they work with that many people for so many years and someone at some point is going to find something offensive. Especially when you are trying to get them wound up.
Fact I am surprised every trainer/coach everywhere, no matter how hard they try, doesn't have atleast 20 people a year who don't like them or finds them offensive.
Now if we are seeking justice I must warn you that axe is double sided.
BET (black entertainment television) is racist. Is it not? The movie white men can't jump is racist, is it not?
I'll go right down the line if you would like.
The axe of justice is double sided. When you use college football as a political platform for an agenda, you now have assumed responsibility for the "new way". It had better work, because football is a result driven game.
But as I have pointed out this isn't about justice, equality and fairness now is it?
This is about a group of people feeling like they got the short end of the stick. Well there are lots of groups that feel that way. Fact everyone feels that way when you think about it. Women, gays, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, native Americans, veterans and everyone else.
Believe me I am all for equality and fairness. Unfortunately when you spell that out to people, what that means, they don't want that. What they really want is what is best for them. They want a one sided axe that swings only one way.

While I disagree with most of your post, we can definitely agree on the yoga pants argument. There is no place for that in today's society.

KF has had his nuts lobbed off with this entire mess, not that he isn't deserving to have them cut off given the inability to adapt to an ever changing environment the past 2 decades. One of the hallmarks of a KF coached team is discipline, it will be interesting to see if Iowa can continue to be that team that does not beat itself with the head coach marginalized the way KF, as well as the assistant coaches, currently are. As for kneeling, I quit watching pro football a few years ago because of the taste it left in my mouth; there simply has to be another vehicle by which the players can bring attention to the systemic racism they are drawing attention to. I wouldn't want any player to feel like they are walking on eggshells inside the program, that apparently has been taking place for a very long time now and needs to be remedied. Archaic rules of no hoodies, tattoos visible, corn rows, social media lockdowns, etc need to be erased from the KF playbook, they are downright stupid in this day/age.

This whole thing is so absurd that it's almost inconceivable.

America is arguably the greatest country in the world both past and present. The opportunities afforded all classes of people, regardless of race, religion, sex, orientation, etc.... are so far superior to any of those in any other country and yet, we let the mistakes of a few bad apples create such havoc that we seem to be on the brink of destruction.

What are we comparing our country too?

This whole thing is so absurd that it's almost inconceivable.

America is arguably the greatest country in the world both past and present. The opportunities afforded all classes of people, regardless of race, religion, sex, orientation, etc.... are so far superior to any of those in any other country and yet, we let the mistakes of a few bad apples create such havoc that we seem to be on the brink of destruction.

What are we comparing our country too?

Very well said. It's a good country and will never be perfect because this Universe doesn't allow for that. Utopia has become the enemy of the good. They define Utopia as CHAZ, which is actually dystopia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts