Will Kirk "let it happen"

I think it may be time for BF to take that OL coach job in the NFL. Maybe Joe Philbin will hire him. I have no idea. Then Joe, Ken, and Brian can hang out in the Dolphins coaching room and all look back on the good old days when Iowa was a top 10 team.

I have said it before, and I will say it again.......

The only chance anything changes at all on the offensive side of the ball for the Hawks is if Brian become the OC. If KF hires from the outside again, he will just bring in a guy to run his offense. If he hires Brian, Brian will get wayyyyy more leeway to do what he wants to do.

Worst case scenario is Brian leaves for an NFL position or any position anywhere actually. I think that would just scream that both Kirk and Brian think this is a sinking ship. Brian would be bailing, and Kirk wants his son out so the crash and burn doesn't blemish his sons coaching trajectory.....

I would prefer BF to go to the NFL or be Iowa's OL coach and KF fire GD and hire from outside the program for the next OC.

The only chance anything changes at all on the offensive side of the ball for the Hawks is if Brian become the OC. If KF hires from the outside again, he will just bring in a guy to run his offense. If he hires Brian, Brian will get wayyyyy more leeway to do what he wants to do.

Worst case scenario is Brian leaves for an NFL position or any position anywhere actually. I think that would just scream that both Kirk and Brian think this is a sinking ship. Brian would be bailing, and Kirk wants his son out so the crash and burn doesn't blemish his sons coaching trajectory.....

I have really a hard time believing that..Really hard time!

I have really a hard time believing that..Really hard time!

We do know that any other OC won't have any latitude that is for sure. It is just a guy feeling I have about Brian getting more leeway. Here is why:

-Kirk knows that this would be Brian trying to make his "bones" and a #72 ranked offense won't impress anyone on a resume
-Family members generally have more leeway than outsides, as the dad will trust the son more than non family
-Brian doesn't strike me as a "yes man"

Nothing scientific, no proof to anything, just a gut feel as someone who has worked with his brother for nearly 20 years now. It is just different. While you are tougher on your family, you also give them more responsibility and leeway.

We do know that any other OC won't have any latitude that is for sure. It is just a guy feeling I have about Brian getting more leeway. Here is why:

-Kirk knows that this would be Brian trying to make his "bones" and a #72 ranked offense won't impress anyone on a resume
-Family members generally have more leeway than outsides, as the dad will trust the son more than non family

Nothing scientific, no proof to anything, just a gut feel as someone who has worked with his brother for nearly 20 years now. It is just different. While you are tougher on your family, you also give them more responsibility and leeway.

I think you are right

and BF becomes OC..... I realize this has been discussed ad nauseam, but I will throw it out there again.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...s-promoted-baylor-bears-offensive-coordinator

If KF wants Brian to someday succeed him as HC,then he better figure out where he is failing and get it fixed ASAP. Promoting BF would be a step in the right direction. Then father and son either succeed or else Brian is looking for employment elsewhere. I don't undestand why KFootball evolved into this boring risk aversion brand of football. The 2002 team was exciting. . KF brought in JC play playmakers in Banks and his cousin CJ? Our special teams were SPECIAL. 16 years here and the BIG is as weak as its been in years. No excuse for this level of play.

There is also a small possibility that after 16 years, Kirk finally has learned his lesson and he will go out and hire the best possible guy and stay the F out of his way. That's what I was hoping would happen last time. I have no choice but to hope for it again.

Kirk is an extemely slow learner but he has shown he can change from time to time. I guess I think the odds of that happening are better than the odds of Brian being given free reign AND actually being a good OC. That's where there's a hole in your thinking dean. You hope he gets the job soley on the belief that Kirk might give him more slack. But it wouldn't matter if he had more slack if he sucked anyway.

If KF wants Brian to someday succeed him as HC,then he better figure out where he is failing and get it fixed ASAP. Promoting BF would be a step in the right direction. Then father and son either succeed or else Brian is looking for employment elsewhere. I don't undestand why KFootball evolved into this boring risk aversion brand of football. The 2002 team was exciting. . KF brought in JC play playmakers in Banks and his cousin CJ? Our special teams were SPECIAL. 16 years here and the BIG is as weak as its been in years. No excuse for this level of play.

In another thread, NCHAWKER posted a 10 minute video of the '01 Michigan game. Michigan punted to us and we not only didn't run away from the ball or fair catch it, we ran a reverse! I'm not ashamed to say a little poop slipped out when I saw it.

You post as if you haven't been paying attention for 16 years. A D D ?

I think there is logic in what you say. However, if that were to be the case, then kfootball could be guilty of sandbagging on offense in 2014 and the fans would riot. kfootball has painted himself into quite a corner, after this season. I think kfootball begs GD to stay one more season, volunteers to wear a gag next season and a straight jacket, and allows GD free reign. Then, GD can be the scapegoat, if the more wide-open offense is still crappy and if GD turns it around then he simply retires and BF takes over in 2016 with an "already" more open offense. If next season is a flop, kfootball could be gone. It makes more logical sense to wait 1 more season to protect BF's reputation, if that is kfootball's intention.

I don't think kfootball can afford the publicity of allowing BF to introduce a new and open offense.

He's going to give his own son more leeway? Or to put it better, BF is going to disobey his own father's wishes on offense?

This has been Clueless' plan all along. To pave the way for Clueless Junior. What the hell has he done that would qualify him to be OC? Nothing, the line has regressed since he took over. Anyone with the last name Ferentz needs to be gone from this program, period.

He's going to give his own son more leeway? Or to put it better, BF is going to disobey his own father's wishes on offense?

Maybe this example will illustrate better what I am trying to say.

I hire many companies to do work for my business. I also hire my brother and his company to do work for me. When I hire him, I simple tell him to get X, Y, and Z done. I don't worry about him, I don't check up on him, I don't micromanage him. I hire lots of other companies as well, and I give them a scope of work, I check in on them frequently, I do micromanage them in both the way they are doing the job, and obviously the quality of the job. I am very hands on with these other companies. I have worked with some companies for 17 years now, but I will never innately trust them like I do my brother.

I could easily imagine the same being the case for working with my son when he is old enough. I think KF is very specific in the way he wants his offense run with a KOK or GD. As he says, he "hangs around" the offense during the week and I do think he micromanages the offensive side of the ball. If Brian is in charge I just don't see KF doing the same things to Brian that he did to KOK and GD. Posters can say all they want that KF is just always going to be like that, but all I can say is it is different with family. I am very much a micromanager of everything around me, EXCEPT for my brother. If my brother does something different that I want to see, I don't care, as long as the job gets done, and I trust him.......others around me don't get that "leeway".

well my 2 cents posted into cyberpace is this.

I don't care WHO the OC is at Iowa. I don't particularly care about the scheme employed. I just want to see a productive O and a team that wins more games and looks better than they have.

I'd like to see Iowa around 9-10 wins and blow some people out along the way.

Then I'd like to see a clear succession plan from KF to the next fellow.

Then world peace

Then I'd like to get a billion dollars in cash

After that, perpetual youth and good looks.

And I fully expect the Iowa athletic director to do all of these things in the next five years

or I'll be mad.