Will Iowa score 50 tomorrow?

Did some research on this for you guys(no need to thank me).;) In the Ferentz era 50 points in a game:

2001 - 2
2002 - 2
2003 - 1
2005 - 2
2008 - 1

It appears we are due for 2 50 point games this year so put me down for a yea. But I'll take an easy W with no significant injuries.

This is kind of why I made my prediction....It's pretty rare to not score 50 at all in a season for Iowa....so I have to think we'll do it tomorrow....if we don't score 50 points tomorrow...we aren't going to be as good as I think we should be.

Nay...unless you have forgotten we are Iowa. We rarely ever score that much against anybody. I'd say more like 38-10.

Nay...unless you have forgotten we are Iowa. We rarely ever score that much against anybody. I'd say more like 38-10.

We didn't do it in 2004 when we had no running backs. We didn't do it in 2006 and 2007 when we were a mess. We didn't do it last year.

We did do it in 2001 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008.

Which means we did it more than not at least once in a season during the last decade. Considering that, wouldn't it be most likely to happen this year during EIU, and Ball State?

Did some research on this for you guys(no need to thank me).;) In the Ferentz era 50 points in a game:

2001 - 2
2002 - 2
2003 - 1
2005 - 2
2008 - 1

It appears we are due for 2 50 point games this year so put me down for a yea. But I'll take an easy W with no significant injuries.

Like to see the odd stats- might help me decide a friendly wager, nice work Eddy.

I would guess something like 44-6, the starters need work but Kirk will call off the dogs and tell Ken to only use two pages of the playbook. If we break 50 it will be a pick 6 or not from our offense.(hopefully Ricky can shake the pick 6 syndrome in 2010!)

This is kind of why I made my prediction....It's pretty rare to not score 50 at all in a season for Iowa....so I have to think we'll do it tomorrow....if we don't score 50 points tomorrow...we aren't going to be as good as I think we should be.

I wouldn't go that far. People were writing them off after the UNI game last year too.

I wouldn't go that far. People were writing them off after the UNI game last year too.

Did we ever have a good offense last year? I'd say we didn't.

Notice I didn't say we'll have a bad season if you don't score 50....I'm simply saying that if we don't score 50, we aren't going to have a real explosive offense.

Did we ever have a good offense last year? I'd say we didn't.

Notice I didn't say we'll have a bad season if you don't score 50....I'm simply saying that if we don't score 50, we aren't going to have a real explosive offense.

Lots of factors go into whether or not we score 50, I wouldnt put too much stock into the final tally tomorrow (unless we need two blocked FG to win)

Go back and look at your research Eddy....with the exception of 2005, each year that we scored 50 at least once on someone (01, 02, 03, and 08) I'd say we had a pretty good offense that was capable of scoring consistently on just about anyone.

In order for me to believe we're going to have a real special year, I have to believe our offense will at least be similar to the 03 offense....if it isn't, I'm worried. I don't trust luck to bounce our way this year like it did last year....we need an offense this season that can create separation....if we don't have that...I'm tempering my expectations.

I think we score 45, with a chance for 50 if a second teamer breaks loose on a long play late in the game

I think we score 45, with a chance for 50 if a second teamer breaks loose on a long play late in the game

Vandy to Chaney will happen. Would also expect Vandy to hit the fade to Davis or Nordy.

If we had a stable of running backs to plug in, it would be different.

Nice Avatar DocFGH.

Nope. 38-10. 50 not Hawks nature. Most important thing I hope to see is Ricky to play a flawless game with no picks. He is the key to the season. Iowa will take foot off the gas in second half.

I'm thinking it's going to be 41-10. I don't think Kirk's going to run up the score that much to hit 50.

I say no, we will have some mistakes. I expect a few sack given up and at least one turnover. On D I would not be shocked to see a big pass play or two.

I think 50+ is very possible. Is EIU a FCS team or are they non-scholarship like Drake? I see they are in the Ohio Valley Conference which I have never heard of, so not sure.

Latest posts