Will Iowa score 50 tomorrow?

Yay or Nay?

No. If we get up by 3-4 TDs by midway through the second quarter, KF pulls the starters and goes with the No. 2 and 3 strings the rest of the way. Perhaps the starters come in for the first series of the second half but after that they sit the rest of the game.

Only hoping we get to the point where we can pull the starters and save something for the CLOWNS! :mad:

I wish....that is the purpose of these early season games, get those back-ups some experience. Sadly enough we have not had much luck producing blow-outs. I will be pulling for 50, but like busabus says I am guessing we are lucky to hit 40's.

Yes. The starters will go up 30 to nothing in the first half. They will not punt. They will score three touchdowns and kick 2 field goals. They will have long time consuming drives, converting on several third downs.

They will then bring in the second string in the second half and JV and company will take off right where the starters left off. However, Paki will not be able to move the ball quite as well as ARob did on the ground, so it will put the team in more 3rd and long situations. JV will convert enough of these to score another 2 touchdowns. He will get pulled in the 4th and Wienke will get his shot. He will take advantage and put together a late scoring drive.

No. If we get up by 3-4 TDs by midway through the second quarter, KF pulls the starters and goes with the No. 2 and 3 strings the rest of the way. Perhaps the starters come in for the first series of the second half but after that they sit the rest of the game.

Only hoping we get to the point where we can pull the starters and save something for the CLOWNS! :mad:

No way the starters get pulled in the 2nd quarter of a 28-0 game. They will even play at least the first series of the 3rd quarter and then go to the bench.

And what is Iowa going to save for ISU? Put game film in from 2001 and it will still look the same. There might be a few wrinkles but for the most part what you see is what you get and it has been like that going on 12 years now.

No way the starters get pulled in the 2nd quarter of a 28-0 game. They will even play at least the first series of the 3rd quarter and then go to the bench.

And what is Iowa going to save for ISU? Put game film in from 2001 and it will still look the same. There might be a few wrinkles but for the most part what you see is what you get and it has been like that going on 12 years now.

We have a fair number of starters who will be making their first appearance of the season against the Clowns.

Actually, this is starting to intrigue me.

If the starters do score 30 or more points in the first half and get pulled, who will come in?

1. QB - Vandy - This guy might as well be a starter.
2. RB - Paki - However, it is hard to believe he could take all the carries in the second half. Which would mean they would have to keep rotating ARob in or we might see TF or perhaps Rogers might play some deep back.
3. Receiver - Davis, Chaney, Sandeman, Nordmann, Cotton That entire group (with the possible exception of JC) is worthy of reps with the first team.
4. Tight End - Need I say it?

Now, the line? You would think that even if they decided to rotate guys like Reiff and Vandy out of the lineup, they would keep the right side intact to get them reps.

Basically, I see a lot of hungry players with a lot of talent.

I personally think we break 50 tomorrow....with will be the first time that's happened since Minny in 08...man was that game glorious.

Nay - We have all seen how Coach Ferenz lets the air out of the ball once he gets a lead. He would rather control the clock and the tempo then run up the score. The man has too much class to embarass an opponent. We may see lots of Paki.

Actually, this is starting to intrigue me.

If the starters do score 30 or more points in the first half and get pulled, who will come in?

1. QB - Vandy - This guy might as well be a starter.

I think Vandy used all of his magic if he ever had any against Osu. I think he will be another JC.

Did some research on this for you guys(no need to thank me).;) In the Ferentz era 50 points in a game:

2001 - 2
2002 - 2
2003 - 1
2005 - 2
2008 - 1

It appears we are due for 2 50 point games this year so put me down for a yea. But I'll take an easy W with no significant injuries.

Did some research on this for you guys(no need to thank me).;) In the Ferentz era 50 points in a game:

2001 - 2
2002 - 2
2003 - 1
2005 - 2
2008 - 1

It appears we are due for 2 50 point games this year so put me down for a yea. But I'll take an easy W with no significant injuries.

Good work Eddy, we are due. Change my vote from Nay to Hell Yay

Also, if i know anything its that the majority of the time predictions on message boards are wrong. Since so many people are convinced we have no chance at 50 I am starting to think its a lock. Maybe 60?

Last edited:

Latest posts