Will Iowa miss Jim Reid?

guffus

Lost in all the discussion it's been easily overlooked that Iowa lost a very good assistant coach from last year. LB coach Jim Reid left to become the DC at Boston College. Reid was almost a co-DC on the staff and his arrival in 2013 helped mold the 2013 and 2015 defenses into very good units that implemented new schemes to help counter-act spread offenses and helped the Iowa defense get off the field by making key stops on 3rd down.

It was once assumed that woods would take over as LB coach, but Iowa went a different route and promoted Seth Wallace, who once was a DC himself in Division II, and somebody that Reid tried to take with him to BC.

Is Wallace ready to step in without a big learning curve? Will there be any noticeable dropoff?

Reid's departure hasn't received the attention it probably deserves. Not sure how many experts factored it into their season predictions...I know I didn't.

Prophetic. I say that they do miss him. Not seeing any cohesion or improvement...with so many of the same players as last year.

Wow. Didn't know he left.
Wow, that's because you are too busy running your mouth off to 'read' anything....lol. You didn't know he left but you are going to always give us your expert analysis, LOL........This post was probably too 'long' for you, lol.....

Wow, that's because you are too busy running your mouth off to 'read' anything....lol. You didn't know he left but you are going to always give us your expert analysis, LOL........This post was probably too 'long' for you, lol.....[/QUOTE.

Nice try but fail. Im on to you. Have a good day!

Latest posts