Will Iowa make the Final 4 in our life time?

Will Iowa make the Final 4 in our life time?

• Yes

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 77.1%

• Total voters
Just short of 19 when Iowa played in 1980 final four. What a great time getting with buddies, drinking beer and watching hawks. 4 sweet 16's in 9 year period. 10 Ncaa's 11 years.

Just short of 19 when Iowa played in 1980 final four. What a great time getting with buddies, drinking beer and watching hawks. 4 sweet 16's in 9 year period. 10 Ncaa's 11 years.
Man, I miss those days. 1979/1980 was my senior year in high school. A great time for Iowa basketball. The Iowa kids were good, and we were able to recruit out of Chicago and Michigan. Wow, have times changed.

Since they made it with Lute and Ronnie Lester I would say yes. Now will they make it again in my lifetime I have my doubts. If Ronnie wouldn't of hurt his knee again I think we would have won it all.

Yes a great PG can make a bunch of guys that nobody else wanted a great basketball team. There is no doubt in my mind that Iowa would have won it all. Iowa had Louisville on the ropes when he re-injured his knee. And all because of a cheap shot in the Dayton game.

Yes a great PG can make a bunch of guys that nobody else wanted a great basketball team. There is no doubt in my mind that Iowa would have won it all. Iowa had Louisville on the ropes when he re-injured his knee. And all because of a cheap shot in the Dayton game.

Great PG+Great coach you mean

If you only have half the equation . . . and Iowa doesn't even have that. But living in a fantasy world full of wishes and unicorns can be fun

for children

Great PG+Great coach you mean

If you only have half the equation . . . and Iowa doesn't even have that. But living in a fantasy world full of wishes and unicorns can be fun

for children

Yeah okay, now tell us who would be your choice to replace Fran.

Iowa football will play for the CFP National Championship before a Fran McCaffery-coached Hawkeye team makes it to the Final Four.

72239273.jpg

As far as age is concerned, I used to listen to and watch Evy's football teams.....

Since 1980 we have made the Final Four twice. Haven't made the Sweet Sixteen since Dr Toms last season. I would be pleased with two/2 wins in the Dance. We will be capable of that two years from now.....

Unless we are not.....

Things are not as bleak as this season is perceived, as far as the future is concerned.....

We shall certainly see.....

:cool:
What two Final Fours have the Hawks been to since 1980?

The best in state players end up going out of state, Barnes, Frentz, Collison, Hinrich, Paige. If we do get an exceptional player is he going to stay 4 years(Ricky Davis). We are not going to get a Kentucky type freshman class to get to F4. Never going to be able to get required 5-7 players at same time to make it. Sweet 16 is best we will see.

Latest posts