Will Iowa Lose Pierschbacher?

Factors:
Education/Major
Can I get to NFL?
Are we gonna win? How important is chance to win a conf/NC title vs going bowling?
Comfortable with coaching staff
Teammates
Distance from home. Some kids are dying to get away. Some love home or proximity to it.
Campus setting & size. Is it spread out or easily accessible. Enrollment size.
Athletic facilities.
Housing.
Do I like the City/Area of campus? Urban/rural. Cities nearby.
Climate. 4 lovely seasons in Iowa. Sweltering hot/humid in AL. I think Palo Alto may be pretty nice year round...
Fan support
TV coverage.

He will end up at Iowa. Ultimate goal is the NFL and Iowa will put you there as an OL as often as any school including Alabama. Parents can come watch you play every home game, he has buddies there, can be BMOC instead of just another player. The whole thing seems like a lot of posturing to me. I do appreciate that he is calling out Iowa on the record though. Just twists the knife a little further. Let's these coaches know they are screwing up. Recruits publically shunning Iowa over performance will create additional pressure on the powers that be to get their heads out of their ***** if this abysmal performance continues.

With all that said, I have to imagine this Iowa staff is none to appreciative of this guy's comments to the media concerning recent lack of success. Its all daisys and roses until the LOI is signed though.

Hopefully he sticks with Iowa. With that being said, if there is one position Iowa can afford to lose on a recruit, it's the offensive line. Yes it looks bad from the standpoint hes highly rated, from Iowa, etc............but Iowa is stacked with young talent at that position, Iowa will be fine there. Now if it were a stud wide receiver, a position Iowa desperately needs help? That would be a different story.

This is a topic that comes up every year now. With any recruit not just the top ones. If they were to have an early signing period it'd be interesting to see how and if it changes how coaches recruit. The thing that doesn't get talked about is what if a player doesn't play up to snuff for a coaches liking after signing early. Not that he gets hurt or in trouble or anything. Just that the kid isn't all that. I know that's rare and a pretty petty thing to think about. But some kids look better their jr years due to the team they are on or complacency/being lazy going into their sr yr. It's a factor I know some coaches look for and they like the extra time to evaluate kids too. Sometimes holding hands with the kid through their sr year isn't a bad thing instead of getting hitched.

In regards to this kid who knows what back and forth he's been thinking. I would feel better if he would have said after saying he was going to take other visits that he was just going to wait through the yr to make a decision. If he's on the verge of "committing" again or to one of the other two pretty soon I don't think I like our chances as much. Hope I'm wrong

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if my son turned down a free ride to Stanford to go to Iowa, I'd brain the moron until he wasn't smart enough to go to Stanford anymore.

I think you and Jon are putting too much emphasis on the "Stanford" degree aspect.
The way I see it... Both schools (Iowa & Stanford) will put you in the league. Both are full rides. Spend 4 yrs at a big school and several years in the NFL making contacts with many high profile people, and you come out in a terrific spot either way. As Jon put it... You're made.

If he stays, will he come in with the attitude that he is bmoc and could have done better and be a dud?? That's what I'm worried about with all this attention.

If he stays, will he come in with the attitude that he is bmoc and could have done better and be a dud?? That's what I'm worried about with all this attention.

he's already publicly verballed to iowa. why do that again? seems a bit strange. unless you are going to verbal to another school.

(i'm just replying to your thread to be in the thread - didn't pick your post to reply to for any other reason)

Kinda reminds me of how the big recruiting weekend played out last weekend. Eighteen year olds can be swayed and influenced by those more seasoned and mature but when it comes crunch time to act on those earlier "commitments" there can be a change of heart and the real feelings surface.

In Ross P's case I think geographic proximity wins out unless Iowa has another flop season. I also think he could give a verbal to another school at this point but change his mind in Iowa's favor later if we were to have an unexpected strong year.

I have sources (I read it right here on HN) that say that as long as Kirk's here.... he's coming. Hawks go bowling this year, set up anticipation for next season.... big time recruit holds true to his committ and all is well in Hawkeye Nation!!

I think you and Jon are putting too much emphasis on the "Stanford" degree aspect.
The way I see it... Both schools (Iowa & Stanford) will put you in the league. Both are full rides. Spend 4 yrs at a big school and several years in the NFL making contacts with many high profile people, and you come out in a terrific spot either way. As Jon put it... You're made.
If it were my kid, and he started acting like he was a sure thing for the NFL while in high school, I'd brain him again.

Sorry, but one thing I have learned in this life, is that a great education is the most important thing in the world. And Stanford is Stanford.

If it were my kid, and he started acting like he was a sure thing for the NFL while in high school, I'd brain him again.

Sorry, but one thing I have learned in this life, is that a great education is the most important thing in the world. And Stanford is Stanford.

Unless he takes to "studying" the redwoods with "professor" Doobie. Then all that "braining" won't do any good.

I know kids do it all over the country but it could be a cluster going to the southeast or west coast in the fall from Cedar Falls. High school game Friday night and then have to get there for a game on Saturday and probably get back to Cedar Falls late Sunday night.

He could take them after his season is over but I dont think Ross is the type of recruit Saban would keep a spot for until Signing Day. He is a stud recruit but not the type that can name his school on Signing Day.

This would be my guess.

I'd love this kid to stay a Hawkeye and I think he will. That said, with the young talent we've added over the past two years...the offensive line is going to be fine with or without him. Certainly there is some dismay if he goes outside of his dream to play for Iowa, but at the end of the day, the kid has to do what he thinks is right for him. If playing for a NC is in his mind, he should go to Alabama...cause despite what I think is an upward trajectory at Iowa, I'm not sure an NC game is in the cards within the next five years. I do think he'll play in a bowl game every years...and maybe a few BCS bowl games. I think the team will be that good starting in 2014.

Latest posts