Will Iowa go after current PSU Players?

I have mixed feelings about this. I think it's probably OK to go after the incoming freshmen, but I'd steer clear of a "rent a player" approach for PSU upper classmen.

Yes getting Reed will be good for us, but im afraid either Garmon or Hill would want to transfer if he would come. Garmon chose Iowa cause of playing time (and bob sanders).

No, I'm trying to help you guys out. We could use some competition in the BIG. We're getting tired of winning so easily. Looks like the 3rd year in a row we'll be going to Pasadena.

No you basketball mad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voQBotzWHBI]Fran McCaffery Goes Crazy after win with Iowa Players - YouTube[/ame]

Heres the last one bucky

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fxrAIeDD9o]Postgame scene, Wisconsin-Iowa - YouTube[/ame]

Although it's highly unlikely I would take Silas Redd on our team in a heartbeat. RB is our only weakness on offense in my opinion, and he would shore that up nicely.

so you are a week or so away from training camp and you are going to change directions just like that and transfer? Someone has to already be pretty unhappy there to do that
Call me crazy, but I think a player learning now that he has no chance for a bowl game would make him "pretty unhappy". If I had to choose between some new friends I made over the summer and playing in a bowl game, that would not be a tough choice for me.

Yes getting Reed will be good for us, but im afraid either Garmon or Hill would want to transfer if he would come. Garmon chose Iowa cause of playing time (and bob sanders).

But I'm doubting Garmon lasts anyway. If he gets injured or messes up again, he's gone. Given the AIRBHG's recent streak odds are against him. It sure would be nice to see an Iowa RB last for 4 years.

Last edited:
Running backs have never been our problem. save one year, and we still won our bowl game that year. Everyone is so hung up on RB. Go get PSU's front four on defense.

Running backs have never been our problem. save one year, and we still won our bowl game that year. Everyone is so hung up on RB. Go get PSU's front four on defense.

I agree. It nice to have a guy like Greene come along but Iowa doesnt need a star rb. They do need some studs on the DL.

I think we need to primarily go after the younger guys who had Iowa as a finalist anyway.

PSU Vulture Wish List:

1. Zettle DL
2. Lynch RB
3. Redd RB
4. Hill DL
5. Gaia OL
6. Stanley DL

Call me crazy, but I think a player learning now that he has no chance for a bowl game would make him "pretty unhappy". If I had to choose between some new friends I made over the summer and playing in a bowl game, that would not be a tough choice for me.

I get it...it's just really strange to think about and come to grips with. Your life just got turned upside down...and to think you are moved into a dorm and a week later, getting ready for camp at another Big Ten or some other conference school. That's just tough to digest.

Long term, I get it, short term, I believe it's, well, for lack of a better word, unprecedented.

It might shock you, but some recruits actually are more interested in the school and the relationships they have made there than in whether or not they might get to play in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl. Some, not all. I bet that the amount of players who stay will surprise a lot of people.

Latest posts