Will Illinois Knock of Nebraska?

Hawk1960

I think this would have been highly unlikely at the beginning of the year but I actually think Illinois has a decent shot to knock off Nebraska this weekend in Lincoln. Illinois' offense is not too bad and Nebraska's is looking terrible on D. Throw in a couple turnovers by Martinez and the Illini have a good shot to help the Hawks this weekend.

Sounds like Martinez might play per this article in the Lincoln Journal Star ... If he doesn't play that also bodes well for Illinois, especially if they go with the freshman.

Red Report: Beck keeping open mind on two-QB system : Latest Husker News

That freshman (Armstrong) looked great throwing the ball against SDSU. He made a number of passes that were in perfect time to the perfect place. He actually throws like a man, as opposed to TM, who throws like a girl.

I would rather face the turnover machine that is Taylor Martinez.

Bo would be a fool to go back to TM as his QB. (I'm sure he will.)

Illinois may run into the same thing Minnesota did; better competition. Their Cincinnati win isn't looking nearly as impressive in retrospect.

Will be interesting, but tough to pick Illinois @ Memorial

Every Hawk fan should be rooting for Illinois to beat Nebby and it has nothing to do with hating the Huskers.

Its a Leaders team playing against a Legends team. Until Iowa is mathematically eliminated from the division race it is moronic not to root for Wisky, Illinois, PSU, OSU, Indiana or Purdue whenever the play a team from the Legends.

But no, not a fan of Washington or any Pac12 school for that matter

Really? Have you watched any Pac 12 football this year? They are 1B to the SEC's 1A right now, IMO.

I think Oregon and Stanford are 2 of the top 4 teams in the country, along with Alabama and OSU.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nebraska falls, but if they take care of the ball, they win.

Every Hawk fan should be rooting for Illinois to beat Nebby and it has nothing to do with hating the Huskers.

Its a Leaders team playing against a Legends team. Until Iowa is mathematically eliminated from the division race it is moronic not to root for Wisky, Illinois, PSU, OSU, Indiana or Purdue whenever the play a team from the Legends.

BINGO. We will take any help we can get.

Latest posts