Will Fran be in the Green Room?

Huge huge X factor. I think a lot of folks are penciling him in to be that but man that's a really huge thing to ask of him. It's probably not a fair thing to expect. Till one does it it's just a tough thing to project. Is he capable? Sure. But is he that guy? One way to find out.

Funny as most fans were stating this exact same thing about Keegan going into the season after Garza's departure.

I think Kris, Pat and Peyton will all shoot well from outside. I think all 3 players take a step forward. They are all a year older and stronger than last year. I don't expect that Kris makes the same leap as Kegan, but he shouldn't have to because roles are much more established coming into this season than last. They all have another year of playing in the system. Fran's track record is having upperclassman that pay off their Jr. and Sr. seasons often times. I think Tony Perkins only brushed his potential. Another year in the system - we bring back a vocal and on the floor leader in Conner. We should be better in the post now that Mulvey has had another year and we return Filip who now has a year of Big Ten play under his belt. Fran is bringing in one of his best prospects at PG in his tenure. I wish he had landed a big in the portal as well but it doesn't tamper my expectations. This team will be fringe top 25 to start the season and will likely flirt with it all year.

IMO, if you don't see that potential you aren't watching the same program that I do.

yadda yadda no sweet 16 and all that aside, I expect Iowa to be better this year than last

There team speed is definitely getting better. This will help on defense and run outs.

Funny as most fans were stating this exact same thing about Keegan going into the season after Garza's departure.
No doubt now so even more. But just because they are twin bros doesn't mean Kris is built of the same stuff it takes to be as good. Maybe he is hell maybe he's even better. I just don't want fans to be all down on him if say he's a 13 pt 5 rebound guy 10 games into next yr. That'd still be a dang good player for us to have. But for many I bet they'll look at that as him under performing...

There team speed is definitely getting better. This will help on defense and run outs.

No doubt now so even more. But just because they are twin bros doesn't mean Kris is built of the same stuff it takes to be as good. Maybe he is hell maybe he's even better. I just don't want fans to be all down on him if say he's a 13 pt 5 rebound guy 10 games into next yr. That'd still be a dang good player for us to have. But for many I bet they'll look at that as him under performing...

Yea, it's not fair to compare them or expect them to be a similar player.

Your point about the turnovers is a good one. Offensive efficiency has been a big part of Iowa basketball under Fran.

IMO, the key to all this is limiting the minutes that Kris has to play at the 5. He will have to play some, but it can be a ton. The major difference between Kris and Keegan is that Keegan is much better inside the paint on both ends.
Yeah if Kris is playing at the 5 for a stretch I would think it's just for some small ball matchup advantage. Between Rebraca and the other 2 bigs they have the bodies to play it for the most part. So only injuries serious foul trouble or something else unforeseen would have to happen for Kris to have to play extended mins at the 5.

Latest posts