Wiesy is Freshman of the week

12,000 max (we only average 10-12 over a season and wrestling is 7-9) and it should be styled as a combination of Cameron and Assembly Hall. Put the people right over top of the court, with super steep sides like Indiana, and limit the seats in the corners and baselines. Cameron only holds 9,300 people and it sounds like fourteen Carver-Naptime Arenas put together.

I've said it before here on this board, I'd like us to do something along the lines of the Breslin Center. The lower rows of CHA, the pull-out seating, would be completely reserved all the way around for the student section and the band. If they took out two rows or so then the entire student section could stand the entire time and not interfere with the view of the first row of permanent seating. Then the students, who make the most noise, would be closer to the court all the way around and the blue-hairs could sit the entire game. We would lose some of the seating capacity but gain a home court advantage with student-generated noise. It might also entice more students to come to the games knowing they would be closer to the game.

I've said it before here on this board, I'd like us to do something along the lines of the Breslin Center. The lower rows of CHA, the pull-out seating, would be completely reserved all the way around for the student section and the band. If they took out two rows or so then the entire student section could stand the entire time and not interfere with the view of the first row of permanent seating. Then the students, who make the most noise, would be closer to the court all the way around and the blue-hairs could sit the entire game. We would lose some of the seating capacity but gain a home court advantage with student-generated noise. It might also entice more students to come to the games knowing they would be closer to the game.
I think one of the problems, unfortunately, is the student section and enlarging it would make the problem worse. They just don’t have the engagement from students like a Michigan State does in Iowa City, so I think making the place way smaller with steep sides is the only way to jazz it up. Basically a smaller version of Assembly Hall. Like @hawkdrummer1 has pointed out, the gentle sloping single bowl with the ridiculous aisles taking up space just kills CHA. I know all the blue hairs like @HuckFinn hate steep seating and want it quiet enough to watch Matlock, but that’s what golf is for.

I say make it tiny and loud, and get rid of the 4-5,000 perpetually unused seats.

I think one of the problems, unfortunately, is the student section and enlarging it would make the problem worse. They just don’t have the engagement from students like a Michigan State does in Iowa City, so I think making the place way smaller with steep sides is the only way to jazz it up. Basically a smaller version of Assembly Hall. Like @hawkdrummer1 has pointed out, the gentle sloping single bowl with the ridiculous aisles taking up space just kills CHA. I know all the blue hairs like @HuckFinn hate steep seating and want it quiet enough to watch Matlock, but that’s what golf is for.

I say make it tiny and loud, and get rid of the 4-5,000 perpetually unused seats.
Have three sections: Section one is courtside - Excited fans only, who like to yell, stand, have fun and who love the experience and team. (All ages) Section two is mid-level - Fans who like Iowa BB but who also like to text, don't care to stand, will yell a bit if it is of interest. Section three is rear-level, the most expensive - Fans who don't want to get up, don't care to make noise, and who are at the game because they (well, I don't know why they are there). This section would be quiet and offer individual cubicles. Sound deadening curtains could be dropped as needed, based on the napping needs of the fans.

Have three sections: Section one is courtside - Excited fans only, who like to yell, stand, have fun and who love the experience and team. (All ages) Section two is mid-level - Fans who like Iowa BB but who also like to text, don't care to stand, will yell a bit if it is of interest. Section three is rear-level, the most expensive - Fans who don't want to get up, don't care to make noise, and who are at the game because they (well, I don't know why they are there). This section would be quiet and offer individual cubicles. Sound deadening curtains could be dropped as needed, based on the napping needs of the fans.

Hell make a ring of lazy boys around the top levels with roll away table tops for knitting, and in seat tv like on airplanes in case the blue hairs need to catch up on matlock or golden girls. To me that's a nice package to bundle up and may get them off courtside.

Whatever happens, Brent Feller and his side piece should be moved to their own box suite permanently and barred within 100' of the court. He's obviously seen how stupid he looks on TV jumping up and down and doing either the travel or double dribble signal, EVERY PLAY, and right in the refs' faces...and he doesn't care.

One of the top three reasons I watch the Hawks on TV is my hope that eventually he'll get ejected for walking out on the court with his arms up like Jesus on the cross. Watch next time. The guy actually steps inbounds two or three times a game.

I don't like steep seating. It's harder to get up and down the steps with a prosthetic leg.

Whatever happens, Brent Feller and his side piece should be moved to their own box suite permanently and barred within 100' of the court. He's obviously seen how stupid he looks on TV jumping up and down and doing either the travel or double dribble signal, EVERY PLAY, and right in the refs' faces...and he doesn't care.

One of the top three reasons I watch the Hawks on TV is my hope that eventually he'll get ejected for walking out on the court with his arms up like Jesus on the cross. Watch next time. The guy actually steps inbounds two or three times a game.

Lol, I watched the ISU game with a group of people and my cousin (cyclone fan) asked "What's up with that fan always on the floor and Barbie next to him?".

I understand the sentiment but on the same token nobody wants to see a bunch of 70 year old blue hairs fall asleep in their seats on national TV either. Because that's what'd happen. The U ain't ever making anything cheaper. Ever.
Updated today for MSU

Free student tickets
Free general parking

It just got way cheaper to sell out.
#noexcuses

Updated today for MSU

Free student tickets
Free general parking

#noexcuses

Why not free general parking always? We really don't need the additional revenue...at least not more than a full arena.
Student tickets should be close to free all the time, first come first served...let the crazies who come first get the seats. It's a proven formula.

Why not free general parking always? We really don't need the additional revenue...at least not more than a full arena.
Student tickets should be close to free all the time, first come first served...let the crazies who come first get the seats. It's a proven formula.

free-parking-1.jpg

I think people should stop saying Wieskamp is "going to be good." He's already good. I think he is going evolve into something very special. We might even win 2 BTT games in the same tournament.

Updated today for MSU

Free student tickets
Free general parking

#noexcuses
They better bundle up however. Wicked witch of an Arctic front coming through on Thursday. Brings back memories of vintage Lute Olson games at the Field House from 1979-1982. Cold memories.