Wiesy is Freshman of the week

To me, there is only one Wiesy.

Louise_20Jefferson_large.jpg

Carver's gonna be a madhouse Thursday night.

I hope so...yet, still looked pretty empty yesterday. Not sure, haven't heard how it was anywhere. It was an EPIC fail at a white out, which IMO is dumb AF as well.

Winning might not cure all IMO with Carver. It's just time to blow it up. I still think Iowa needs a smaller venue with levels and IMO, they should move it to somewhere that attracts people like places with restaurants and bars. If you want it to be something to do for people, you have to entice them with easy access and amenities.

I hope so...yet, still looked pretty empty yesterday. Not sure, haven't heard how it was anywhere. It was an EPIC fail at a white out, which IMO is dumb AF as well.

Winning might not cure all IMO with Carver. It's just time to blow it up. I still think Iowa needs a smaller venue with levels and IMO, they should move it to somewhere that attracts people like places with restaurants and bars. If you want it to be something to do for people, you have to entice them with easy access and amenities.
White out was a fail. I mean it was only printed on the ticket and marketed all week.

And, please, no more posts about giving students floor seats. Yesterday, with a top 25 Hawkeye team playing on a Sunday at Noon. A team nationally in top 25 in scoring 82ppg and fun to watch.
Student section again not half full - screw them and next year cut THEIR allotment. Create a cheaper ticket package for younger Hawk parents with kids in section behind the basket.

I hope that Carver can be sold out Thursday. I hope.

Go Hawks.

12,000 max (we only average 10-12 over a season and wrestling is 7-9) and it should be styled as a combination of Cameron and Assembly Hall. Put the people right over top of the court, with super steep sides like Indiana, and limit the seats in the corners and baselines. Cameron only holds 9,300 people and it sounds like fourteen Carver-Naptime Arenas put together.

And, please, no more posts about giving students floor seats. Yesterday, with a top 25 Hawkeye team playing on a Sunday at Noon. A team nationally in top 25 in scoring 82ppg and fun to watch.
Student section again not half full - screw them and next year cut THEIR allotment.
I understand the sentiment but on the same token nobody wants to see a bunch of 70 year old blue hairs fall asleep in their seats on national TV either. Because that's what'd happen. The U ain't ever making anything cheaper. Ever.

I understand the sentiment but on the same token nobody wants to see a bunch of 70 year old blue hairs fall asleep in their seats on national TV either. Because that's what'd happen. The U ain't ever making anything cheaper. Ever.
One definite is that the blue hairs will die before giving up their season tickets.

From row 25 on down 3/4 way around Carver, try improving a season ticket and you’ll find out. They will come attached to a giant colostomy bag rather than give up that piece of plastic.

One definite is that the blue hairs will die before giving up their season tickets.

From row 25 on down 3/4 way around Carver, try improving a season ticket and you’ll find out. They will come attached to a giant colostomy bag rather than give up that piece of plastic.
The only season ticket worth buying in Iowa City is baseball because it's $75.

Basketball or football is pretty dumb (except for the mobile pass thing) unless you see "stature" in it or want fork over a metric ass load of money to the U, because 99% of the time you can get a better seat cheaper on StubHub. It's even worse to buy them in Kinnick because there isn't a bad seat in that place anymore.

Well, it's too late to use the Coralville arena. I think that's only supposed to be around 5k. Would've been nice with restaurants/bars and such in the immediate area. Wouldn't it be nice if we had an AD with his head screwed on straight?

I brought up a while back the light hearted idea of blowing up the outdated Old Capital Mall and building a 10,000 seat deaf dome right there. An easy walk for thousands of students, and an easy walk to dozens of bars/restaurants. Parking would be the snag but you wouldn't need as much parking at that location

To answer an question from earlier in the thread I would have guessed, having attended the game, 13.5 to 14k, with the emptiest area being the upper student section.