Wieskamp #21 steal and dunk

obvious foul then he elbowed the kid in the head. JW doesn't have the greatest hops in the world but that was a nice dunk.

Did you watch JBo get mugged against Maryland? That's not a foul in the B1G.
If that holds true. We tend to get those calls only one way it seems like...
He's just a man amongst boys at that level. How he'll fit in day 1 next yr will be interesting.

The comments are Not surprising,
It WAS an obvious foul. And if those refs ever wonder why they don't get jobs as college referees, in spite of the numerous referee camps they attend, they need look no further. Right in the middle of the court, at half court, with no visual obstructions....they don't blow the whistle? For Christ's sake, that bald headed official at the bottom of the screen was looking directly at it!
And I am a HUGE Joe Weiskamp fan.

Last edited:
It WAS an obvious foul. And if those refs ever wonder why they don't get jobs as college referees, in spite of the numerous referee camps they attend, they need look no further. Right in the middle of the court, at half court, with no visual obstructions....they don't blow the whistle? For Christ's sake, that bald headed official at the bottom of the screen was looking directly at it!
And I am a HUGE Joe Weiskamp fan.

Who cares it wasn’t called and that stuff at times not called at the D1 level.. He made a play it wasn’t called and slammed it home.. :rolleyes:

Who cares it wasn’t called and that stuff at times not called at the D1 level.. He made a play it wasn’t called and slammed it home.. :rolleyes:
I'm not any more impressed when a 6'6 kid dribbles and dunks a basketball, than I am with the officials in that game. At 6'6, you better be able to dunk a basketball.
That's the real reason the lack of a foul brought more attention than the play.

JW is good and likely will have a great Iowa career. I just don’t want to make this kid the savior . Having a viable 2 guard cures some things. It doesn’t cure all the Iowa basketball ills.

Pretty funny. The same guys who claim we should never blame the refs for a loss are jumping on a bad call for this thread.
Pointing out one thing does not equal blame. Pointing out that Joe obviously committed a foul is just that. Pointing out that bad officials are responsible for our loss is ridiculous.
A poster attempting to equate the 2......
a5sfXz_k.jpeg

Latest posts