WHY??????

briney11

I'm watching college gameday and they were just talking about TCU and Kansas' offenses. Every week I see schools like this who have high power offenses and I just have to wonder what on earth is the disconnect in Kirks brain!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? The old excuse of "players like this don't want to come to IowaCity" is a bunch of bologna!!!! So they don't want to come to Iowa City but somehow Lawrence KS or Manhattan KS or Ames IA or Minneapolis MN or Lafayette IN or you fill in the blank cold climate town is SO exciting and they want to flock there. No, they have coaches who will showcase these kids talent. But not good ole Kirk. It makes ZERO sense why any Power 5 conference coach would allow their offense to be this horrible. I know, I know, I'm beating the dead horse

What's more frustrating as that we are very likely a perennial 9+ win, West favorite with just a mediocre, average, run of the mill, 60th-70th ranked offense... with the defenses we've had recently.

But as it is, we have been no higher than 88th in the last 7+ years, and currently 130th.

Always been a KF guy, can't argue with the overall consistency and success. But what we're seeing, specifically on offense, over the last 2 years, is indefensible.

I don't want to resent a HC that I've respected, been a big fan of, defended, and at times even been an apologist for. I really don't. But it's quickly sliding that way, and I hate it.

I hope they prove me wrong and make me eat my words. Lots of evidence and rhetoric that they won't, and the HC doesn't even think there's an issue.

Please prove me wrong Hawks.

As much as I want to eyeroll this thread I am also watching the beginning of the Indiana/Michigan game. Indiana will lose this, but you see what Indiana is doing to try and win this. I don't know if there is a Kirk 3.0 left in him and the Brian situation makes it much worse.

how much did Mike Hart going out on medical cause Michigan's heads to come out of the game? Seems like Indy is more into it while Mich is sleepwalking since.

It occurred to me that if Brian goes to an NFL job after this season, KF will probably bring back Ken O'Keefe. Just can't imagine KF turning his offense over to some younger hot shot with fresh ideas. OK we're going to run the clock and rest the defense, this is our #1 priority.

It occurred to me that if Brian goes to an NFL job after this season, KF will probably bring back Ken O'Keefe. Just can't imagine KF turning his offense over to some younger hot shot with fresh ideas. OK we're going to run the clock and rest the defense, this is our #1 priority.
He's not going to get hired in the NFL any more than the unmentionable guy was.

He does act like Bielichek without the credentials.

Last edited:
Naah, everything screams Mark Whipple. He would just move East from Lincoln.

I like watching college football. I usually watch all day long and try to check in on multiple games...its hard but its great to see offensive competence out there. Watching Iowa is just different. At the same time after watching Iowa I quickly spot poor defensive play, DLine play, guys not in position, missed tackles etcc.

Latest posts