Why would anyone play a defense other than the 1-3-1 against us

Isn't that what coaching is?? You design things to overcome weakness??

I don't like zone defense. It sucks and is boring to watch. I think college basketball is ****** most times and it's partially because of zone defense. This is my personal preference. Deal with it.

The whole baseline is open, the corners are open and Iowa continually dribbles right at it from the top of the key.

Cant get an entry feed to save their lives, pathetic.

The whole baseline is open, the corners are open and Iowa continually dribbles right at it from the top of the key.

Cant get an entry feed to save their lives, pathetic.

Oglesby and Gatens were standing in the corner on many possessions. Problem is, I don't think BC ever really looked at them when they were there.

We would have been better off having Gatens or White at the top of the zone in the point guard position. A lot of coaches will tell you that you need to have your best passer in that position (same with a high low, everything thinks you have to put a big guy at the top of the zone, but it is important to have a good passer who sees the floor in that spot). It was painfully obvious that Bryce was not seeing what was going on around him tonight, leaving his feet to throw passes to guys 2 feet away that were covered and missing wide open guys in the corner.

Not saying White is even close to our best passer but he has the heighth to see over the guys coming at him. I played point guard and I was a short, fast penetrating player (no really, I swear I was!) and that type of zone pressure defense was hard on me often as well.

Oglesby and Gatens were standing in the corner on many possessions. Problem is, I don't think BC ever really looked at them when they were there.

You don't think? I know he didn't.

If Iowa was half as good at passing as northwester and had even a fraction of their intelligence they would have been in the game.

Watching stupid basketball is almost as bad as watching Lick ball.

Ive been saying it for two years this is the worst group of passers ever assembled on one team.

I agree to an extent, but this is NW. We have no business in any postseason tournament.

I wouldn't necessarily say that "we have no business in any postseason tournament". NW was on fire tonight. I know our defense was turrrrrible and pretty much gave them wide open shots all night, but this is just one game. Don't forget about the positives.

Watching us unable to beat the zone last night was very painful. How many times did they send three players two trap, leaving only to other players to cover four of ours? We could not find the open men. It should not be that hard.

Last edited:

Latest posts