Why worried about Indiana?

justdavidlee

Ok so I know why. Really though we just held the leagues most profienct passing attack to 13 points. It took a miracle play from nowhere for them to make that. I want to add if Greenwood is in there that play does not work. I watched it four times. The area where the pitch back to blair was made was in his zone. They were inside the Twenty twice maybe. If you think Indiana is better than PSU, UW and MSU, ISU whom scored 36 points total (ave. 9 ppg) against us than I want some of what you are smoking.

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying...BUT, Iowa has struggled with IND in the past and this season has shown signs of playing down to their competition. Also, we have a lot of injuries to get figured out this week. The RB position is REALLY banged up as well. Hopefully the boys have a good week or practice and maybe skip out on practicing the 2-minute drill. hah!

Re: Why worried about Indiana.

So if you know why, then I don't have to mention that any team can beat any other team on any given saturday, and that is not just a tired saying. It is stark reality. Do I have to remind you of the losing streak we have with Northwestern? Do I have to remind you that this team likes to play down to its opponents level? UNI? Arkansas State? Hello? Any bells ringing there?

Hell yes, I will be worried about this game!

I am worried about the next two games more than I would have been, because of the physical impact of the Michigan State game.

Best thing that ever happened to Indiana was the graduation of James Hardy. He single handedly beat Iowa them years. He's gone, but they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. There not out of bowl contention yet. Expect more of the hook and lateral type plays against Iowa from here on out. Every team is dangerous, especially now that the mercury is dropping and the target gets bigger.

I am worried about the next two games more than I would have been, because of the physical impact of the Michigan State game.

Agreed, who knows what the health status is of a lot of guys right now, throw in the fact that it was an emotional win, Indiana has nothing to lose.

Should help the next two are at home though.

Indiana worries the heck out of me. They run the spread and have a pretty good WR in Doss. Being at home is good, but with the injury situation for Iowa this and Northwestern scare me.

We need to play Iowa Football and we'll be fine...harder said than done...I hope the players aren't listening to the hype, it's hard for 20 year olds to stay away from that stuff and not listen to hype, we need to continue with a chip on our shoulder!!! KF is good at that I think, keeping them grounded!!

Kirk pointed it out though that sometimes its easier to get the team ready for road games. He said the comradarie of the michigan game (granted it was HC) was a big distraction. Team has been road warriors this year and played well there. Home is always good, but different circumstance create different obstacles, home or away.

Iowa is 46-21-3 vs Northwestern. The only reason you are nervous is because of the 8-0. The fact we own indiana and NWestern is what makes the losses memorable. If Iowa losses either game than there is no excuse and They are the worst 8-0 team in history. Time to start thinking Like USC. You want to compete with USC than you have to think like them.

Iowa is 46-21-3 vs Northwestern. The only reason you are nervous is because of the 8-0. The fact we own indiana and NWestern is what makes the losses memorable. If Iowa losses either game than there is no excuse and They are the worst 8-0 team in history. Time to start thinking Like USC. You want to compete with USC than you have to think like them.

Somebody shoot me if we start thinking like USC... I'd almost rather lose thinking like a Hawkeye than win thinking like a Trojan. ....almost...

As physical as the last two weeks have been, I think I might be more worried then the previous two weeks

I'm worried becasue in a way this is a no-win game for Iowa.

If Iowa eeks out another close win, it's more ammo for the news pundits to bash Iowa. If we win by 30 it's rationalized as that's what the 4th ranked team in the nation should do against Indiana.

Essentially there is no upside for Iowa in this game.

good point just. can i ask if anyone would be a little nervous if Illinois were coming to town? How bout Vanderbilt, or Louisville, or even UNI? I think what we have right now is so fragile that us fans are too worried about having it taken from us that we are gonna be paranoid until the clock reads zero after the minnesota game. Hope the boys in the locker room feel more confident than us out here in the forums. Keep the faith fans, don't worry about the boys looking ahead of anyone right now, theres way too much at stake to do that, not on KF's watch.

I'm worried becasue in a way this is a no-win game for Iowa.

If Iowa eeks out another close win, it's more ammo for the news pundits to bash Iowa. If we win by 30 it's rationalized as that's what the 4th ranked team in the nation should do against Indiana.

Essentially there is no upside for Iowa in this game.

NO UPSIDE? are you kidding me? How bout staying in contention for championships with a win. Without a win, thats done. There is plenty to play for this weekend. c'mon now. don't start to think like the media, think like a fan, a true hawk fan. we all know every win is tough to come by, and positives and negatives to be taken from every game. But to say no upside is crazy.

Ok so I know why. Really though we just held the leagues most profienct passing attack to 13 points. It took a miracle play from nowhere for them to make that. I want to add if Greenwood is in there that play does not work. I watched it four times. The area where the pitch back to blair was made was in his zone. They were inside the Twenty twice maybe. If you think Indiana is better than PSU, UW and MSU, ISU whom scored 36 points total (ave. 9 ppg) against us than I want some of what you are smoking.

A key difference is that Iowa is pretty banged up at some important spots on BOTH O and D. Our lack of depth at safety will potentially bite us in the butt if Greenwood doesn't get cleared to play. Furthermore, with Richardson getting injured ... that continues to hurt our continuity on the OL and the injuries to our young RBs continues to potentially slow the development of what could be a pretty decent running game.

What's more, one of the key things that can hurt Indiana is play action ... however, if they're not worried about the running game .... they can play to shut down the passing game from the outset. That's not good!

If you know anything about the recent history of we've hardly owned Northwestern especially at home.

A key difference is that Iowa is pretty banged up at some important spots on BOTH O and D. Our lack of depth at safety will potentially bite us in the butt if Greenwood doesn't get cleared to play. Furthermore, with Richardson getting injured ... that continues to hurt our continuity on the OL and the injuries to our young RBs continues to potentially slow the development of what could be a pretty decent running game.

What's more, one of the key things that can hurt Indiana is play action ... however, if they're not worried about the running game .... they can play to shut down the passing game from the outset. That's not good!

Actually I think we have pretty good depth on the offensive line

Virginia beat these guys 47 to 7. You think we are not better than Virginia. You guys wonder why the Natl. media thinks the Big Ten is a joke. This is why. Seriously If Iowa losses KF should quit out humiliation. I am serious about that.

Last edited:

Good analysis, but all the negatives i think can be positives. Lets not forget that we have a full week to get ready for this game. Thats a lot of reps for conklin or whoever that might fill in at safety, (assuming greenwood can't go, which i think he'll be in there) as far as the o-line, i said a few weeks back that i thought the o-line needed to find there 5 guys for the o-line and stick with them. Even though i thought dace should have been one of the 5 undoubtedly, this allows the o-line to have 5 guys play for an entire game and get comfortable with each other. I think the guard rotation was causing communication issues with the unit as a whole. Injuries to RB position opens up oppurtunities for stanzi and the WR group, and i think they'll flourish with twice the attempts. As far as playaction goes, without a sustained running game, yea, its tough to run playaction and if you feel indiana is weaker against the playaction, so be it. I think every team is weak against a playaction if the running game is going, so it just means we have to think outside the box a little more, which is what everyone on this whole forum has been asking for for at least 4 or 5 weeks. I think were getting exactly what we asked for, and i'm excited for it. Hate to see the guys go down, don't get me wrong, but it opens up oppurtunites for other guys that I feel will play whole-heartedly and not skip a beat. Guys who are excited to be part of something special.

Latest posts