Why was the travel call overturned???!!!

Well, fans ALWAYS think THEY had a better vantage point, and we tend to be a helluva lot further away than 40 feet :D

No way did the call cost us the game. We had tons of other opportunities in the game.

Very true. We had six points clink off the iron when three uncontested dunks were botched.

A few things.

First, regardless of contact, there was no travel on that play. I can certainly understand how the official on top of the play came up with a travel, but when you watch the replay it's clear that the Wisky player did NOT have possession of the ball when he went to the ground, thus no travel.

Second the baseline official SHOULD be looking at the ball on that play NOT under the baseline. He's responsible for signaling to the bench to start the clock when the ball is touched, in HS they us a chop signal, in college they have electronic devices on thier wasteline that they push to start the clock.

The lead official did NOT overule the trail, no official ever really over rules another official. When one official has information that he thinks is relevant to the play he will share it with the official who made the call. It is up to that official to overturn a call.

Lastly this wasn't a case of over ruling anything, this conversation wen't something like this....
Lead: When did you have the travel?
Trail: When the player hit the floor.
Lead: OK I had contact and a fould prior to that.
Trail: OK make the call.

I may be nit picking here but if the Wisky player doesn't have posession then how could it be a foul? In a loose ball situation, both players have equal right to the space right? Why would something so minimal, such as a hand grazing a jersey, be considered a foul in that situation? Honestly IMO, no call should have been made and Cole picks the ball up and Iowa has a fast break with no Wisky guys in sight.

"I may be nit picking here but if the Wisky player doesn't have posession then how could it be a foul?" Adam Hawk

Maam, ask your husband to let you watch more basketball and ask a lot of questions so you understand all the rules

I thought the whole game was poorly officated, it was way to rough and it took a couple of the players getting chippy with each other to start calling a few fouls. There were so many times under the hoop that we got fouled and there was no call I was just waiting for fists to start flying. I'm always conviced that the ranked team facing an upset always gets that late questionable call, fair or not....we just need to become that ranked team in the next couple years.
Go hawks, keep playing your hearts out....your starting to win fair weather fans over and Carver will be full on a nightly basis.

Latest posts