Why was the travel call overturned???!!!

TecmoSuperHawk

I am absolutely livid about that call. The ref 5 feet away makes a correct call of a travel on Taylor, yet the ref 40 feet away comes running in and overturns the call??!! Terrible piece of officiating there and it completely changed our end of game plan. I am so ticked off right now.

Nice time for the refs to try and tighten things up. I guess that wasn't a foul when Basabe was shoved in the chest on the final play of regulation? The contact wasn't what made him fall, you have to swallow the whistle there.

Nice time for the refs to try and tighten things up. I guess that wasn't a foul when Basabe was shoved in the chest on the final play of regulation? The contact wasn't what made him fall, you have to swallow the whistle there.

Basabe was clearly pushed. Not just bodied up, but arm extended.

For those saying it was clearly a foul, did you see the replay? Maybe our guy's hand grazed the back of Taylor's head as he was falling to the ground already, but even that was not obvious. What exactly did you see that the replay didn't show?

It was a foul. What happened to Basabe under the basket going for the tip on BC's shot at the end of regulation, however, was worse and should have been called. We should have been shooting FTs.

Or when Gatens head was about taken off on the rebound on the missed shot when Wisky called the timeout.

However, Iowa should have called a timeout to set up a play after the free throw miss.

It wasn't clearly a foul. In real time, maybe it did. But the replay showed very little contact. That ref was on the baseline. He definitely was not in the best position to make the call.

very frustrating call. just watched replay 5 times and still not sure what to think. That was pretty ticky tack if you watch replay in comparison to what they were or weren't calling all game.

What the most frustrating parts are: 1. the big push off taylor uses to get open. knocked cole off balance. not easy thing to do. 2. the official with the worst possible view is one who made the call. he should have been looking under basket anyway. The other ref probably had the best view of all three and never made any signal. Also ref never raised his hand for foul until he ran past Bo on the bench and then he SLOWLY raised arm. Sure sign he wasn't real sure of his call.

Live played looked much worse until you watch replay a few times.

Like is said very frustrating, but if we get a few more rebounds game doesn't get to this point.

Still fun game to watch

For those saying it was clearly a foul, did you see the replay? Maybe our guy's hand grazed the back of Taylor's head as he was falling to the ground already, but even that was not obvious. What exactly did you see that the replay didn't show?

He grazed him in the head... It's a foul. Especially in a situation where you know Iowa is wanting to foul, the ref will make the call. I'm shocked the ref on top of the action didn't make the correct call.

Even if you think it was a foul, when have you ever seen a ref from 40 feet away overturn a ref that was right in front of the play? You will not convince me that should have been a foul. The original call was correct.

The question was not whether or not it was a foul, but why was it overturned. Like he said the guy that made the call was not five feet but about two feet from the play and the guy that overturned it was down on the baseline. Horrible.

He grazed him in the head... It's a foul. Especially in a situation where you know Iowa is wanting to foul, the ref will make the call. I'm shocked the ref on top of the action didn't make the correct call.

So a graze to the head is a foul, but a shove to the chest is not? You see why I'm mad?

BoBo got that call overturned.

Totally Agree! Ref didn't raise hand to signal foul UNTIL he ran past BO. Still not sure how that ref had clear view to make call.

... maybe a coincidence, but that the same ref that called questionable travel call on Leur (sp?) late in regulation. Bo was not happy and let him have it. Ummm

So a graze to the head is a foul, but a shove to the chest is not? You see why I'm mad?

I didn't make a case to why one was a foul and one was not. The only way the ref overturns a call that far away is he is certain he saw the foul and from what I saw it turns out he made the right call. Just because the wrong official made the call doesn't make the call wrong.

Latest posts