Why the hatred?

hawkeye12345

We played hard, we came back at the end and I think with next years incoming class we should really be able to compete.

We played hard, we came back at the end and I think with next years incoming class we should really be able to compete.

WHAT?!! Yes because depending on 4 more freshmen is what this team needs! Northwestern will be much better than us next year. They have better recruits coming in.

We came back in the end because teams that blow us out ease up near the end and we are able to make it respectable. Accepting a "moral victory" against Northwestern - a team that has NEVER been to the NCAA tourney - is absolutely unacceptable. And if you chose to accept this, then your standards are very low.

We came back in the end because teams that blow us out ease up near the end and we are able to make it respectable. Accepting a "moral victory" against Northwestern - a team that has NEVER been to the NCAA tourney - is absolutely unacceptable. And if you chose to accept this, then your standards are very low.

This.

Let's not confuse a "comeback" with chipping away some of the lead during garbage time. By the way, it was still a 17 point loss.

Ryno,how come on another thread you say our great coach gets 8 more years,and on this post you say how bad we are and we came back only because NW let up? I am confused by your remarks!

Ryno,how come on another thread you say our great coach gets 8 more years,and on this post you say how bad we are and we came back only because NW let up? I am confused by your remarks!

Because I'm stating how I feel about the situation. And the 8 year comment is what I believe Barta will do. It has nothing to do with how I feel, more what I think will happen. Barta just seems clueless to me.

Because I'm stating how I feel about the situation. And the 8 year comment is what I believe Barta will do. It has nothing to do with how I feel, more what I think will happen. Barta just seems clueless to me.

You cant honestly think that Barta is going to give 8 more years because he is clueless do you? If things dont improve next year Lick is gone

You cant honestly think that Barta is going to give 8 more years because he is clueless do you? If things dont improve next year Lick is gone

I still believe that the "8 year" quote is still sarcasm.. The point is, that he doesn't believe Barta is about to make a change this year, or maybe not even next year. At least that is how I read it.

I still believe that the "8 year" quote is still sarcasm.. The point is, that he doesn't believe Barta is about to make a change this year, or maybe not even next year. At least that is how I read it.

It would be funny if he was being sarcastic and i called him out one post after i called out people for not understanding sarcasm. I think hes serious tho

I am sarcastic sometimes but honestly not here. After realizing how long NW has gone with Carmody and finally seeing positive results, I can honestly see Barta do the same thing? Lick is his first "big" hire and knows the program is in bad shape, much like NW was until this year, but now sees the NW program rising realizing that it has taken time but has paid off for NW. Maybe Lick doesn't get 8-10 years more like Carmody has had but I could almost guarantee he will get 5-6 more years at least. Especially, if the football program continues to carry the basketball program on their back.

HawkeyeRyno, I find that I disagree with just about everything you ever say. Are you seriously trying to draw comparisons to Northwesterns basketball program and Iowa's? Northwestern has one of the worst basketball programs in history. What Carmody is doing there is nothing short of a miracle. They still have very little talent, they just get guys who play smart and play well in Carmody's slow down Princeton style offense. John Shurna averages 18 points per game, but he'd be 2nd string on most Big Ten teams. Barta will not give Lick 8 more years if the results don't get better. I know that you are just saying that to make a point and you don't really believe it, but then don't even say it. Iowa basketball will be better next year than they were this year. Significantly. That doesn't mean will make a run at the NCAAs, but this team will improve.

I am sarcastic sometimes but honestly not here. After realizing how long NW has gone with Carmody and finally seeing positive results, I can honestly see Barta do the same thing? Lick is his first "big" hire and knows the program is in bad shape, much like NW was until this year, but now sees the NW program rising realizing that it has taken time but has paid off for NW. Maybe Lick doesn't get 8-10 years more like Carmody has had but I could almost guarantee he will get 5-6 more years at least. Especially, if the football program continues to carry the basketball program on their back.

Well, my gut says that you won't have to worry about it. If this goes on and on, year after year, can you imagine how empty CHA will be? I would hope that the powers that be, whoever that is, would not stand for that loss of revenue, despite what the football program may be bringing in, and would clean house in the athletic department if this happens.

I just hope you aren't right.

Shurna would start for virtually any team in the country. He looks like a nerd; but he was a very highly rated player coming out of HS, and will be 1st or 2nd team all B10 as a sophmore. I can't think of any 3 guys on our roster that I wouldn't trade for one Shurna.

Shurna would start for virtually any team in the country. He looks like a nerd; but he was a very highly rated player coming out of HS, and will be 1st or 2nd team all B10 as a sophmore. I can't think of any 3 guys on our roster that I wouldn't trade for one Shurna.

John Shurna was a 1 star recruit from a suburb of Chicago that from what I can tell, had 1 offer. Northwestern. He's a much better player than he looks, that is for sure.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=8&cfg=bb&toinid=411&yr=2008

I have done nothing but back Lick up and Bash LicK haters all year long.....My eyes have been opened...Sorry but we need a change..I'm sure lick is a great guy but a big ten coach he is not... Consider me over the Lick experence

Latest posts