Why Paterno's behavior was more disturbing than McQueary's

Check your facts. I am pretty sure that Jerry Sandusky had already retired from coaching when Mike McQ witnessed those events. So, he would not have been in football related meetings; however, he was allowed to retain his non-football related office on the U campus, which is unreal to believe. The whole situation is completely jacked up.

I would agree with previous post...JoePa failed to meet moral obligations...I think he needs to go, which saddens me to say

There is nothing that can justify McQueary's actions or lack there of. He had witnessed a 10 year old boy being sodomized! I don't care if you thought Paterno was god or had a million dollar job on the line, the minute Sandusky was allowed back on campus you leave and report the proper authorities.

How do you leave the poor boy in that situation in the first place? He did not even attempt to stop it from happening, he got scared and ran off! These are days of cellphones, the least he could of done is run out of the building and call the police!

I found the video of Sandusky in his early coaching days.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHe4zKdZuI]Diff'rent Strokes -- Best of the Bicycleman - YouTube[/ame]

Check your facts. I am pretty sure that Jerry Sandusky had already retired from coaching when Mike McQ witnessed those events. So, he would not have been in football related meetings; however, he was allowed to retain his non-football related office on the U campus, which is unreal to believe. The whole situation is completely jacked up.

I would agree with previous post...JoePa failed to meet moral obligations...I think he needs to go, which saddens me to say

He was retired as a coach but still on as a volunteer and had full access to the football facilities.

This is 1 million times worse than anything that Tressel did, yet he gets fired. If anyone involved in this isn't fired, it will be a shame. The shame is they let this guy stay involved with PSU and the second mile for many many years after the first incident.

There should be higher consequences for people who sexually abuse children than jail time. Like castration.

This is 1 million times worse than anything that Tressel did, yet he gets fired. If anyone involved in this isn't fired, it will be a shame. The shame is they let this guy stay involved with PSU and the second mile for many many years after the first incident.

There should be higher consequences for people who sexually abuse children than jail time. Like castration.

How about hang them by the testicles and leave them hanging until they starve to death?

The Penn State fans that say Paterno is not at blame for this are sick! How do you begin to defend Paterno after all that has happened? How do you allow this sick man to walk around your football program as a volunteer after what happened in 1998?

The Penn State fans that say Paterno is not at blame for this are sick! How do you begin to defend Paterno after all that has happened? How do you allow this sick man to walk around your football program as a volunteer after what happened in 1998?

No idea it blows my mind. JoePa shouldn't coach another game.

There is nothing that can justify McQueary's actions or lack there of. He had witnessed a 10 year old boy being sodomized! I don't care if you thought Paterno was god or had a million dollar job on the line, the minute Sandusky was allowed back on campus you leave and report the proper authorities.

How do you leave the poor boy in that situation in the first place? He did not even attempt to stop it from happening, he got scared and ran off! These are days of cellphones, the least he could of done is run out of the building and call the police!

I can't really argue with that.

At the same time, he went to the most powerful man in the state, at his home, first thing in the morning, accompanied by his father, and told him exactly what he saw. It's quite possible that McQueary assumed an investigation was taking place...meaning he wouldn't necessarily have been shocked to see Sandusky again. He probably figured the hammer would fall hard at some point.

When he realized it wouldn't, sure, he should have gone to authorities, no question about it. But he had already told the most powerful and influential person in the state.

I totally get what you're saying and can't disagree. But there are some layers to this. If you don't think Paterno has your back, why would the cops even believe you?

wrong...JoePa did not break the law. in PA, a coach is not a mandatory reporter but administrators are.

Yeah, and you and your Joe Pa defense can go eff themselves. Or if you like, you can get Sandusky to eff you.

A crime was committed, and NOBODY reported it to police. They are ALL accessories, and NOBODY gets to hide behind this ******** of "well, he did his job by reporting it to his superiors when there's a clear conflict of interest involved".

Here's the basic fact you fail to grasp: EVERYBODY is a mandatory reporter in a situation like this. And if you don't report it to the POLICE, there is something irreparably wrong with you.

Last edited:
There is nothing that can justify McQueary's actions or lack there of. He had witnessed a 10 year old boy being sodomized! I don't care if you thought Paterno was god or had a million dollar job on the line, the minute Sandusky was allowed back on campus you leave and report the proper authorities.How do you leave the poor boy in that situation in the first place? He did not even attempt to stop it from happening, he got scared and ran off! These are days of cellphones, the least he could of done is run out of the building and call the police!
I can't really argue with that.At the same time, he went to the most powerful man in the state, at his home, first thing in the morning, accompanied by his father, and told him exactly what he saw. It's quite possible that McQueary assumed an investigation was taking place...meaning he wouldn't necessarily have been shocked to see Sandusky again. He probably figured the hammer would fall hard at some point.When he realized it wouldn't, sure, he should have gone to authorities, no question about it. But he had already told the most powerful and influential person in the state. I totally get what you're saying and can't disagree. But there are some layers to this. If you don't think Paterno has your back, why would the cops even believe you?

Mcqueary's career will soon be over.
Day -1 of witnessing the incident he may have thought he was doing the right thing. However, as the weeks and months past questions should have been answered. He knows what he saw and should have demanded action.

The minute he saw no action being taken and certainly when he saw the guy back on campus, he should have first beat the guy and second gone to the police.

Yeah, and you and your Joe Pa defense can go eff themselves. Or if you like, you can get Sandusky to eff you.

A crime was committed, and NOBODY reported it to police. They are ALL accessories, and NOBODY gets to hide behind this ******** of "well, he did his job by reporting it to his superiors when there's a clear conflict of interest involved".

Here's the basic fact you fail to grasp: EVERYBODY is a mandatory reporter in a situation like this. And if you don't report it to the POLICE, there is something irreparably wrong with you.

He wasn't defending JoePa. He was defending the DA for not charging JoePa with a crime like they did with Curley and the VP. And he's right about that. The DA can't charge a crime if it's not in the law.

He wasn't defending JoePa. He was defending the DA for not charging JoePa with a crime like they did with Curley and the VP. And he's right about that. The DA can't charge a crime if it's not in the law.

True but Joe is certainly dancing around a perjury charge. McQueary says that he told JoePa he was having intercourse with the kid and JoePa says he told him "fondling and something of an inappropriate nature". He knows damn well what McQueary told him and he is trying to cover his a$$.

And as I've said, it looks more like the DA is simply trying to protect the legend, just as everybody else has.

Curley and Schultz are not just being charged with perjury, but also failure to report. And failing to report is what Paterno and McQueary are also guilty of.

Paterno's culpability in this is right up there with Curley and Schultz, and there's no reason why Paterno should escape the charges that have been leveled at the other two.

"Shocking"? How insulting, Joe Pa, when you KNEW about this long ago.

True but Joe is certainly dancing around a perjury charge. McQueary says that he told JoePa he was having intercourse with the kid and JoePa says he told him "fondling and something of an inappropriate nature". He knows damn well what McQueary told him and he is trying to cover his a$$.

Precisely. And still, that old moron had the temerity to say on Saturday that "if true, the allegations are shocking."
IF TRUE?!? YOUR GINGER QB TOLD YOU TEN YEARS AGO WHAT HAPPENED, AND THAT WAS ONLY ONE CASE! YOU LYING OLD POS! :mad:

Mcqueary's career will soon be over.
Day -1 of witnessing the incident he may have thought he was doing the right thing. However, as the weeks and months past questions should have been answered. He knows what he saw and should have demanded action.

The minute he saw no action being taken and certainly when he saw the guy back on campus, he should have first beat the guy and second gone to the police.

I still don't think some of you are grasping the power structure in place. If a prosecutor decided (or was persuaded) not to bring charges against Sandusky years earlier, why would McQueary think that the cops would listen to him?

I'm starting to wonder if Paterno will even finish the season.

He's so stubborn, I am not sure he quite gets it yet. This is going to get even uglier as the level of outrage increases, and Paterno's sense of entitlement and stubbornness get worse.

IMHO Paterno will not coach on Saturday. Probably not Mcreary either. Too many unanswered questions. Just seems wrong at this time. I hope JoePa has a good answer for all of this but it does not look likely.

As far as I'm concerned, Penn St. can leave the conference and join some other conference or be left the crumbs of whats left after all other conferences are done with their expansions. Pervert U has no place in our conference.

Latest posts