Why not give Vandeberg a couple of series?

Here is what Kirk said:

Q. You had a 37‑point lead going into the fourth quarter and some of your starters including Ricky played the whole game. Was there ever a thought to getting him out?
COACH FERENTZ: There was but maybe we are gun‑shy right now. 37-6, we knew we would have to screw it up probably to have this thing go the other direction.
But you know, we just wanted to finish the game out. We got a lot of guys in. There were a lot of guys in there. We didn’t want to give up anything easier or make it too dramatic. It was kind of a weird fourth quarter statistically but that’s all right, we’ll live with that.

Translation:

When you screw the pooch like we have twice (and almost 3 times) this season its hard to think a game is really over so we errored on the side of caution

I'll simplify it for you. You asked me to ask KF on Tuesday why he left Stanzi & most of the OL in the game the entire 4th qtr & did not play either of the backup qb's. I found that inexcusable & ridiculous on a number of levels. I am not a reporter & my job does not allow me to attend press conference on Tuesday mornings. I assume you are in position to ask him questions. It is your job (& your brethren) to ask what the public wants to have answered. Most IA reporters softball & kiss his *** every Tuesday instead of asking the tough questions the public would like to know. Is that clear enough? On another note, if it makes you feel better to kick me off of a free message board for wondering what most objective IA fans are also wondering then knock yourself out. I sure hope it feeds your ego when you do it.

I'll simplify it for you. You asked me to ask KF on Tuesday why he left Stanzi & most of the OL in the game the entire 4th qtr & did not play either of the backup qb's. I found that inexcusable & ridiculous on a number of levels. I am not a reporter & my job does not allow me to attend press conference on Tuesday mornings. I assume you are in position to ask him questions. It is your job (& your brethren) to ask what the public wants to have answered. Most IA reporters softball & kiss his *** every Tuesday instead of asking the tough questions the public would like to know. Is that clear enough? On another note, if it makes you feel better to kick me off of a free message board for wondering what most objective IA fans are also wondering then knock yourself out. I sure hope it feeds your ego when you do it.

Did you miss the part where KF was asked this question after the game and answered the question which is included in this thread?

i thought it was a very lame answer...similar to last week's lie about the clock that he ended up changing as the week went on.

You know what? I'm glad that Kirk left the starters in. Iowa put the hammer down from the opening kickoff, punched Sparty in the mouth, and never looked back.

Yes, things got boring in the 4th quarter, but it was obvious to everyone but Dantonio (who inexplicably starting burning timeouts that the game was over.

Frankly, I think that it was good for Coker to get reps in the game with Stanzi at the helm and with the 1st team OL blocking out in front of him.

Call me a nimrod, but I actually didn't think that it was a terrible decision.

Frankly, I think that it was good for Coker to get reps in the game with Stanzi at the helm and with the 1st team OL blocking out in front of him.

When I first saw Coker in the game, I thought Robinson was hurt. He missed a couple of holes, but kept his hands on the ball and kept his legs moving. Very rough around the edges, but you could see the raw talent.

Back to the main topic, it's baffling to me. If Vandenberg's back was hurting, then give Wienke some snaps. No way does Stanzi need to be out there at that time with that score. Also, what was the deal with the time-outs at the end of the 1st half? There was no way they were going to get the ball back anyway.

Back to the main topic, it's baffling to me. If Vandenberg's back was hurting, then give Wienke some snaps. No way does Stanzi need to be out there at that time with that score. Also, what was the deal with the time-outs at the end of the 1st half? There was no way they were going to get the ball back anyway.

Timeouts at the end of the half were a refreshing change of pace. If you remember, MSU fumbled the ball, but one of their guys was able to jump on it. It was nice to see Kirk force the issue and force MSU to make plays as opposed to letting MSU just take a knee and take it in to the locker room.

Stiff back from what? Giving hand signals? Holding a clipboard? He doesn't even run the scout team. He's a 20 year college kid, why does he have a stiff back?

Stiff back from what? Giving hand signals? Holding a clipboard? He doesn't even run the scout team. He's a 20 year college kid, why does he have a stiff back?

It's easy to tweak your back.

Also, Stanzi was handing the ball off. If he gets hurt doing that then he's cursed anyway.

Basically that's what I was going to say. But, since you already did, there's no need for me to say it. But, I am glad that Coker got some playing time. Hopefully we have more games where other reserves can get in.

Too logical

Exactly...

Really tho, how bad is it when you have your starting QB in the game after destroying your competition? Kick them while they are down? Many would consider playing your starters after beating that crap out of them as unsportsmanlike. I would agree.

At least Coker saw the field.

No thanks. I quit listening to that puff piece show yrs ago. Anyone w/ any suggestion or critical comment at all is not even let onto the show. That & it is all I can do to stomach Dolphin's blabbering during a game as it is.

No thanks. I quit listening to that puff piece show yrs ago. Anyone w/ any suggestion or critical comment at all is not even let onto the show. That & it is all I can do to stomach Dolphin's blabbering during a game as it is.

I'll never understand why people sign up after a win to complain. Seems like an odd thing to do.

Latest posts