Why is

forty5

That people keep saying Iowa is getting lucky? Were lucky to be the leading the league in turnover's?

3Sat., Sep 5Northern IowaW 17-161-0
I will admit this game we got lucky to escape with the win. Northern Iowa came out and suprised the you know what out of everyone. Hawks did just enought to win.

4Sat., Sep 12@Iowa StateW 35-32-0
This game was a beat down from start to finish.

5 Sat., Sep 19 Arizona W 27-17 3-0

The Final score really doesnt tell how one sided this game was.

6Sat., Sep 26@Penn StateW 21-104-0
Iowa survives the whiteout and a quick start by Penn State. Hard fought win.

7Sat., Oct 3Arkansas StateW 24-215-0
Hawks started out fast. Looked like crap in the second half. The game was never in doubt even though the final score shows a three point win. I was at this game and was never concerned about the outcome.

8Sat., Oct 10MichiganW 30-286-0
I am glad we knocked there starting QB out of the game if not I dont think we win this game. Cause of the style of D we play i think they would have got in FG range.

9Sat., Oct 17@WisconsinW 20-107-0
Iowa plays as crappy as they could in the first half of this game and still wins 20-10 .

You could probably go threw everyone schedule and find close game's that if they wouldnt have turned the ball over 5 times they would have won.

Iowa was the better team in all 7 games this year, regardless of the score. If anyone in the national media actually watched Iowa's games, they would see that Iowa was clearly the better team in all the games this year. The better team doesn't always win, but in this case it's been so thus far for Iowa. They have been the better team every game. It's too bad people just look at the scoreboard.

Stormin thanks for making my point. I had kind of lost where I was going with that. Posting and work dont always mix very well together

Iowa in the past 20 games; we have lost by a total of 12 points in 4 games (last season). I think this shows a team that had struggled winning the close ones last year, and with a little growing up from those losses, we have learned to win the close ones this year.

I think that the "luck" statements are based upon the perception of the Iowa program by the national media, "Middle of the pack Big Ten team".

Since the national media perceives that the Big Ten is currently weak, Iowa is, then, also weak. Along those lines, Iowa is also perceived to not get the "visible" recuits. Combine those two factors, espin, and people not watching tape of games. You, then, have a skewed perception by those outside of the Big Ten area of how Iowa wins.

Frankly, this has puzzled me also. Its like the mouthy kid at the bus stop. He keeps it up until you pop him, one and then he gets back up and goes right back at it!. I do think when we show the Spartans for what they really are (i.e. a bunch of partially clothed Greeks!) that a lot of this will stop.... until OSU.