Why is everyone so scared of little red?

hawkinn3

They are terrible, they lost to freaking Purdue. We will put up as many points as we want to against them. All they have is the occasional lucky bomb play from their glorified RB of QB. No consistency or ability to beat us with sustained execution.

I wish we had the confidence a 10-0 and soon to be 11-0 team should against a 5-6 team.

I think it's just that we are so close to perfection that we can't help but be nervous. I'm going back and forth between feeling extremely confident about the Nebraska game and extremely nervous. I do like your point about needing more confidence in an 11-0 team vs a 5-6 team and if it was a 5-6 team not named Nebraska it wouldn't be as worrisome. Plus, they did beat Michigan State so they are capable of winning games.

I was nervous against Indiana because they have a very good QB and I was nervous against jnw because of their defense.

Little red has nothing to make me nervous. QB sucks and defense is a matador.

They're not terrible. They've got talent and they're fighting through some culture issues. Pelini was seriously toxic but like ALL COACHES would, he had loyalty and some of the players have struggled to adjust to the new coach. If the team gets their **** together they are good.

I think Armstrong is better than Leidner and he tore up the secondary for about 10 yards per completion. The defense hasn't looked that porous all year though so if they're as good as they've been in the 9 other games, Nebraska won't be a problem. If they play like they did vs Minn, Nebraska will be. Can't afford to give up two touchdown drives in a total of 1:20.

It is important to point out, Nebraska has the 123 out of 127 ranked pass defense, allowing 300 yards per game. A healthy CJB can carve up that secondary and hopefully he can hit on the deep balls that have been there.

Last edited:
Nebby may have lost to Purdue, but they turned around and beat Michigan State, so they CAN play well. Plus they will be playing for bowl eligibility, and I'm sure will be amped for this game, looking to play spoiler. Plus, I suppose it's senior day. No, I don't expect Nebby to come out flat.

I think this is a dangerous game. Iowa may very well win (and ought to) but will have to play a good game. Iowa isn't so dominant where they can win this one by simply showing up. Gotta play well.

Last edited:
Iowa tried to make Minnesota one dimensional taking away the run. Iowa will try to make Nebraska one dimensional by taking away the pass. Iowa will get LB dropping into coverage faster and force Armstrong to make tougher throws. I think we pick him off at least twice.

Win turnover battle, don't give up big plays on busted coverage, get to Armpunt and do allow the broken play deep pass (his favorite)...do those things,.....I like our chances.

This will be the best group of WRs we've played all yea . And if we allow Armpunt time, that can hurt us.

Weather possibly a factor, crowd/environment a factor.

We absolutely can win, and probably should if we play sound on both sides. But if anyone believes nebby is as bad as their record, they're nuts. We NEED to win that game. We need to beat Purdue first.

Keep winning

Bit nervous on the weather, bad weather windy, Nebby run defense is pretty good, so is Iowa's. Could be low scoring turnover type of game which so far has favored us this year.

Nebby started turning to their bigger RB in recent weeks.

Nebraska is a hair's breadth from having 4 more wins. They've lost 4 heartbreaking games which could have just as easily gone down as W's with one play or one good bounce of the ball here or there.

They're not world beaters, but they're certainly not a team to sleep on.

In 80 years of the AP Poll era in college football, Nebraska has played 18 games in November or the first week of December against undefeated teams. The Cornhuskers have won three times. -- From the Big Te blog on espn.

Two of those games were versus Oklahoma in the seventies. Plus MSU recently.

For a program steeped in tradition, tradition has then losing this game. I'm not too worried. Armweak will throw two picks in this game.

Living in Omaha I can tell you that the talk shows and all the people who support Nebraska has literally banked this as a win. In my estimation after what the AD said last year KF has this gamed marked and the Hawkeyes will be ready to play. The only thing I am worried about is their passing game vs the Hawks Pass Defense, but depending on the weather passing maybe difficult. If it comes down to who runs the ball better Adv Iowa

1) It's in Lincoln (tough environment)
2) Purdue beat Nebby without Armstrong
3) Our D struggles with mobile QBs
4) All pressure is on the Hawks
5) Nebraska coming off a bye
6) Iowa coming off a short week

Well, if Neb lost to fricking Purdue, maybe we should be worried about fricking Purdue instead of Neb.

Seriously is anybody talking about Purdue? Other tham thats the game everybody assumes Iowa will clinch the division against. I have to admit I don't know much about the Boilers, and based on the threads on this board, nobody else does either.

I think Armstrong is better than Leidner and he tore up the secondary for about 10 yards per completion. The defense hasn't looked that porous all year though so if they're as good as they've been in the 9 other games, Nebraska won't be a problem. If they play like they did vs Minn, Nebraska will be. Can't afford to give up two touchdown drives in a total of 1:20.

It is important to point out, Nebraska has the 123 out of 127 ranked pass defense, allowing 300 yards per game. A healthy CJB can carve up that secondary and hopefully he can hit on the deep balls that have been there.

The key phrase there is "a healthy CJ", because he is not. Now he has admitted that it isn't a hip injury - it's a groin injury. The cold weather won't help either.

By the way, whoever initiated the phrase "little red" deserves a medal. f we would lose to little red, my god feelings would be dashed on the rocks.
Anyway, Huck the Fuskers!

They are terrible, they lost to freaking Purdue. We will put up as many points as we want to against them. All they have is the occasional lucky bomb play from their glorified RB of QB. No consistency or ability to beat us with sustained execution.

I wish we had the confidence a 10-0 and soon to be 11-0 team should against a 5-6 team.

Living in Omaha gives me an advantage to the look and feel for their program. They have recently turned the corner and those loses you mention are way behind them. They have always had the skills to score on anyone and have played close or lost the game in the final seconds. Now they are beating teams handily which makes them dangerous in my book. They were the most injured team in the B1G for most of the season. Now they are finally healthy and that's made a big difference to their consistancy. Lastly their QB is extremely mobile and if he starts rumning, we are in trouble seeing how our defense has had trouble with mobile QBs. I not saying we are going to lose but this game has been the one I have worried about mostly all season. Playing in their house will not be easy. They almost always have a come back in their place if they get behind. Worried is an understatement.

Latest posts