Why I wonder whether Ferentz still has the fire

Iowa fans have criticized his passion, salary, play calling, recruiting tactics and game management.

Now we move on and criticize his choice of words.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Yeah I mean all press conferences are the same, its the same play with a different character. Lets just stick to the basics KF can no longer win, call plays, recruit, has no drive, embarrassing clock management skills and is one of the most over paid coaches. These facts really should be enough lets lay off the press conferences.

Just an FYI, Tweeter has stuff to do the rest of the day and he's signing off, and hopes Toby Kieth lights a fire under KF while clear cutting pines clear cut in Carolina red soil.

(among other things...)

At his Tuesday news conference, Ferentz made this comment:

“I think we’re practicing hard. I think we’re doing that. Last week, the effort was there and the guys were trying. It’s not that they weren’t trying. We just have to practice a little bit cleaner and then hopefully our execution will show up a little better on Saturdays.â€￾

The bolded words are soft words -- "I think..." (twice), "...trying," "...a little bit cleaner...," "...hopefully our execution will show up a little better..."

Hopefully?

Seriously, coach?

A coach who knows who he is, what his program is doing, who has passion for the game, doesn't use namby-pamby phrases like that. If Ferentz uses those or similar words in the locker room and in practice, it is no wonder the team plays soft, loses focus, can't close out opponents, either loses close games or comes out with wins that are not representative of the effort for most of the game.

A coach who is ready to get after it would say something like "Our guys are practicing hard. Last week we showed the results of that work for three and a half quarters and then we slipped in some areas. We're working to clean things up this week. We expect our execution will be stronger this week."

Go back 12 years and listen to his pressers. I think you'll find that they are pretty similar.

Also, he knows this team has limited upside, he's just trying to move them along as far as possible...maybe they'll surprise him.

Just an FYI, Tweeter has stuff to do the rest of the day and he's signing off, and hopes Toby Kieth lights a fire under KF while clear cutting pines clear cut in Carolina red soil.

[video=youtube;pSgGCOHuO1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSgGCOHuO1U[/video]

i don't believe i have the knowledge to understand all i know about that.

or

i dont' know what you said but I agree

(among other things...)

“I think we’re practicing hard. I think we’re doing that. Last week, the effort was there and the guys were trying. It’s not that they weren’t trying. We just have to practice a little bit cleaner and then hopefully our execution will show up a little better on Saturdays.â€￾

The bolded words are soft words -- "I think..." (twice), "...trying," "...a little bit cleaner...," "...hopefully our execution will show up a little better..."

Hopefully?

Seriously, coach?

A coach who knows who he is, what his program is doing, who has passion for the game, doesn't use namby-pamby phrases like that. If Ferentz uses those or similar words in the locker room and in practice, it is no wonder the team plays soft, loses focus, can't close out opponents, either loses close games or comes out with wins that are not representative of the effort for most of the game.

A coach who is ready to get after it would say something like "Our guys are practicing hard. Last week we showed the results of that work for three and a half quarters and then we slipped in some areas. We're working to clean things up this week. We expect our execution will be stronger this week."

Looks like I'm gonna have to break out my "secret tape" of KF ranting on "Those &%C&NG BA%^&rD* on HawkeyeNation.com and that PR*%K ROB HOWE!""

He got fire, yes he do....he got fire, how 'bout you?

I would rather have a coach that's subdued than those mentioned above me.....Rhoads, Pelini, hell even throw in Mike Stoops.....Coach F will fight for his players when there's an injustice....He just goes about it with a very calm demeanor....

You'll even throw in Stoops? Like he's some sort of reach? Dude's the friggin poster child for childish behavior on the sideline. Pelini gets the funnier face when he goes off, but Stoops is a nutjob.

(among other things...)

Hopefully?

Seriously, coach?

Totally correct. I have noticed this with the clone coaches over the years too. Their favorite soft words. No doubt, without a doubt, and not doubt about it.... sounds like a lot of doubt to me.

He seems to me that he doesn't have the same passion as he used to have. Dont get me wrong I think coach Ferentz is one hell of a coach but you have to admit that things have got a bit stale around the program.

He got fire, yes he do....he got fire, how 'bout you?

I would rather have a coach that's subdued than those mentioned above me.....Rhoads, Pelini, hell even throw in Mike Stoops.....Coach F will fight for his players when there's an injustice....He just goes about it with a very calm demeanor....

Yep! I spent this week in Cornhusker territory and the Pelini situation is laughable. Who wants that blowhard in their living room recruiting their son? Ferentz is a class act that has 4 top 10 seasons and an Orange Bowl. About the most animated I would want to get is Bobby Stoops.

I read this thread and the comments KF made were infuriating. Why haven't we drawn and quartered him yet. For 3.8 million a year we should expect more. Why can't he be direct and honest like our politicians.

Latest posts