Why I wonder whether Ferentz still has the fire

KF earns every penny of his salary just for having to deal with all the dolts that call in to Hawk Talk on Wednesday nights, IMO.

I no longer pay attention to KF pressers. Each one sounds exactly like the last and he never says anything of substance.

I never listen to any call in shows, post game pressers, interviews, etc. Not just Iowa, but ANY of it. It's all coach (or player) speak, designed to always say the "right" thing instead of what everyone is really thinking.

I never listen to any call in shows, post game pressers, interviews, etc. Not just Iowa, but ANY of it. It's all coach (or player) speak, designed to always say the "right" thing instead of what everyone is really thinking.

Yeah, but don't you think kf has totally perfected it that way?

Someone should set a chair on the sideline so he can throw it. Or sit on it. Then we'd know for sure if he has the fire.

Lol so much butthurt going on in here. If Kirk Ferentz were a message board poster he'd troll everyone who gets riled up over his communication style on a regular basis. I can't believe people still manage to read WAY too far into his coach speak.

The way Ferentz addresses the media and the way he addresses the team are two completely different things altogether. He's a freakin English major for god's sake. He knows damn well that giving detailed answers and sharing his personal opinion on things is only going to give the media more ammunition. He's a master at keeping his answers vague. You would think that by now Hawk fans would understand that.

Lol so much butthurt going on in here. If Kirk Ferentz were a message board poster he'd troll everyone who gets riled up over his communication style on a regular basis. I can't believe people still manage to read WAY too far into his coach speak.

The way Ferentz addresses the media and the way he addresses the team are two completely different things altogether. He's a freakin English major for god's sake. He knows damn well that giving detailed answers and sharing his personal opinion on things is only going to give the media more ammunition. He's a master at keeping his answers vague. You would think that by now Hawk fans would understand that.

KirFer does have a user name on here. I haven't figured out which one it is... But he trolls is hard!!

His verb usage is the same as it was 13 years ago. I see no correlation to success or lack thereof.

There are problems with the program, but this isn't one of them.

As for the cheap shot about Marcus Coker, you might want to talk to some people close to the situation before assuming Ferentz didn't fight very hard on his behalf. I'm not sure what more he could have done short of resigning in protest, and his public comments were handcuffed by the lawyers (as were Marcus'). He was furious with the administration and the incident left a deep scar.

His verb usage is the same as it was 13 years ago. I see no correlation to success or lack thereof.

There are problems with the program, but this isn't one of them.

As for the cheap shot about Marcus Coker, you might want to talk to some people close to the situation before assuming Ferentz didn't fight very hard on his behalf. I'm not sure what more he could have done short of resigning in protest, and his public comments were handcuffed by the lawyers (as were Marcus'). He was furious with the administration and the incident left a deep scar.

As was Okeefe, so Sally is more than likely to blame for the Greg Davis transition.

Anyone that thinks KF pressers have anything to do with what goes on in the Locker room and on the sideline just doesnt know whats going. Also Billso is exactly right about the Coker situation.

KF earns every penny of his salary just for having to deal with all the dolts that call in to Hawk Talk on Wednesday nights, IMO.
I prefer the people who go to the restaurant to be the live audience for these shows. Oooh can I come watch a football coach talk football while eating burritos.

I picture the OP sitting there taking a reading on someone s enthusiasm levels. Probably been there every week for years.

I didn't say it was funny, but I can say with confidence that it was a joke, and he didn't come up with it.

He didn't understand any of that yet he didn't hesitate to comment on it anyway. I trolled him and that wasn't my intent so in effect he trolled himself.

Latest posts