Why I don't mind the loss...

IOWuh

At least we aren't them. This isn't sour grapes. The trip to Evanston was an eye opener for me. We have something amazing in Iowa and we all probably take it for granted.

We have a rabid fanbase who will devour any and all information about our Hawks. Internet, print media, television, radio...doesn't matter. Just give us more.

We consistently sell out home games and descend upon other teams when traveling. We come in droves and are rewarded for it during bowl season.

We have a fantastic game day atmosphere. I've been to other stadiums and some can compete with us. NW isn't one of them.

Kinnick is hard to beat. It has that old charm. Seats are right on the field. It gets loud. Our PA is even keel and professional. I haven't been to the Big House or the Shoe but I really love Kinnick. Those of you from Chicago will remember the old Chicago Stadium. That place was amazing. It got so loud and so energized. We have that every home game.

I'll argue with anyone that we have the best head coach in college fb. I grew up on Ditka and thought the yelling, arm flailing, and chewing out the refs was the norm. Now I can absolutely appreciate the good Captain's level headedness on the field. If I had a son who was ready to play college ball in the next couple of years, he'd be the one I'd want him to learn from. It's not just a matter of Xs and Os. He seems to teach them how to be good men.

We may have our own hurdles but apathy among our fans, a high school game atmosphere, and living in a town who doesn't support the school aren't things we'll ever have to deal with.

Couldn't agree more with this post. The NW stadium is absolutely awful. Their program begins and ends with Pat Fitzgerald, one of the best young coaches in the country. When he leaves, it is all over for them (and he will leave, eventually).

At least we aren't them.

Win or lose, as the procession of NU fans are driving their luxury vehicles back to their palatial estates along the North Shore paid for by their careers that 99.9999% of Iowa grads can never dream of landing, I assure they are thinking the same thing about Iowa fans.

Win or lose, as the procession of NU fans are driving their luxury vehicles back to their palatial estates along the North Shore paid for by their careers that 99.9999% of Iowa grads can never dream of landing, I assure they are thinking the same thing about Iowa fans.

Wow, OK4P... when you turned, you turned HARD! :confused:

Ouch.

Guys, I said I was sorry. I have just been thinking ahead about when all the kids at NU start their annual "just like football" chant at the end of the basketball game. It cuts me like a million razors. I will go ahead and skip the BB game this year and I am sorry.

Guys, I said I was sorry. I have just been thinking ahead about when all the kids at NU start their annual "just like football" chant at the end of the basketball game. It cuts me like a million razors. I will go ahead and skip the BB game this year and I am sorry.

I miss the "It's alright, it's OK, you'll all work for us someday" chant from Cat fan which inherently acknowledged that we PWN3D them in athletics.

This post wasn't specifically about NW. It's about what we have here and the fact that it took going to Evanston to realize it. If you want to make it about NW, fine. I've been over on the NW boards this week and their fans are insufferable. It has nothing to do with losing and everything to do with winning with class.

Latest posts