Why Don't we use the screen pass??

:mad: It angers me to see a team with so much talent on the offensive side of the ball...Why can't we throw a damn "jailbreak screen" with Davis or Chaney? Or maybe even a regular screen with Robinson..Just a little 3 yarder then let em go...with blockers..
I just feel like we can't be so conservative...all the time..

Might be because most of Stanzi's pick 6's have been very short passes where the DBs are playing tight. You risk that with the WR screens. Though it has been something we haven't seen much of lately, that might be a good thing since every fricken team out there saw it coming from 05 on.

:mad: It angers me to see a team with so much talent on the offensive side of the ball...Why can't we throw a damn "jailbreak screen" with Davis or Chaney? Or maybe even a regular screen with Robinson..Just a little 3 yarder then let em go...with blockers..

I agree, mixing it up a bit would go a long ways.

While the other points are valid, I don't think it is wise to abandon a huge weapon like the screens just because Stanzi has been intercepted in the past. Screens are great when the other team is blitzing like rabid dogs (see Arizona).

Didn't you see enough of the jailbreak screen in the first 4 years of the KF era to last you a lifetime? :)

Didn't you see enough of the jailbreak screen in the first 4 years of the KF era to last you a lifetime? :)

I think opposing coaches asked KOK to stop running it after they saw what Brodell did to Aaron Ross in the Alamo Bowl. Luckily for Mr. Ross, no one outside of B10 and B12 country watches the Alamo Bowl, so the Giants still drafted him in the first round. If the Patriots' coaching staff were half as smart as KOK, the Patriots would have another Super Bowl ring.

Latest posts